Senior Software Engineer, Web
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
At MyFitnessPal, we believe that living a healthy lifestyle is the new normal and should be attainable for everyone. We are building the next generation React web client to enhance the MyFitnessPal experience for over 200 million people worldwide, including ourselves!
At MyFitnessPal you will:
- Help build the next generation MFP web client using modern tools and frameworks (Node/React/Redux/Webpack)
- Own projects from start to finish, collaborating with cross-functional teams throughout the organization
- Design and implement new user-facing features on the web
- Maintain existing functionality on the current Ruby on Rails website that serves over 130M users worldwide
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with Webpack or other modern build systems
- Extensive experience with CSS
- Experience working with a server side language (Ruby, PHP, Python), and is comfortable with the MVC design pattern
- Experience working in highly collaborative environment, with great communication skills
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Experience with EmberJS
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with writing tests
- Experience in building mobile optimized websites
- Understanding of Ruby, and the Rails framework
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.