Software Engineer, Services
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
MyFitnessPal is the world's largest diet and fitness tracking application. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. MyFitnessPal is part of Under Armour's family of connected fitness technology, which powers an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. You will get to learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new backend engineer to our Nutrition Services team. In this role, you will build services, tools, and libraries that enable innovations in our suite of applications that span web, mobile, and wearable devices. You will help optimize and analyze the largest food and food entry dataset in the world.
As a member of the Nutrition Services team you will...
- Design, implement, and scale new APIs, aggregation services, and data centric microservices in an application ecosystem with over 200 million users
- Work closely with other engineers within your team and across the entire engineering organization from mobile clients to data science
- Work closely with product managers to define customer facing feature requirements and underlying service implementations
- Rapidly iterate on existing product and platform features
- Work with massive data sets with tens of billions of records
- Work to break apart our legacy Rails monolith into scalable Scala microservices
We are looking for someone that...
- Has several years of experience in a professional software environment
- Has solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
- Has a strong understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture/data structures
- Has familiarity with at least one programming language and ideally has some experience in Ruby or Scala
- Is interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Either has experience with or is interested in working at scale
- Picks up new technology quickly
- Wants to make an impact and is ready to take ownership and responsibility for their work
Technologies We Use
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles is a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.