Sr. Product Manager, Ad Systems
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Other titles: Ad Platform Manager, Ad Technology Manager, Ad Systems Specialist, Ad Technology Specialist, Ad Systems Architect
Under Armour Connected Fitness is actively investing in its monetization capabilities in a way that benefits our users, advertisers, and partners – this position will be essential to helping build a more effective and performance driven business. We are looking for an Ad Systems Product Manager to play a critical role in driving and managing concurrent projects related the successful rollout and commercialization of ad products and capabilities. This is a highly cross functional independent contributor role that will report into the Revenue Operations Product group and combines aspects of ad operations, program management, product management, and technical systems management.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing large scale ad operations projects for online or mobile advertising departments and past success in being a liaison with cross functional stakeholders in Sales, Product, Engineering and Ad Technology. You'll able to distill complicated ad tech issues into meaningful, actionable components. Familiar with requirements for enabling new ad products within ad serving systems, order management solutions, and rich media creative systems. Lastly, have an eye for efficiency, scale and automation, and always question how we can make things better, faster, easier. You should be able to work autonomously but thrive on collaboration. Excellent prioritization skills are critical.
- Manages technical relationship and integrations with ad tech partners that service the UACF ad ecosystem
- Act as internal technical POC for diagnosing and troubleshooting ad bugs or serving issues reported by Product, Engineering, Ad Ops, and Media teams.
- Clearly communicate technical product needs and requirements in support of ad product designs & functionality to internal and external product/engineering groups.
- Monitor topline metrics across all ad campaigns, including viewability, fraud, malware, click-through rates and sell-through.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, data scientists and business operations to ensure we deliver on the business’ goals.
- Foster a culture that is proactive in optimizing delivery and mitigating risks.
- Establish best practices for streamlined ad delivery, ad trafficking and ad fulfillment.
- Coordinate with internal teams to resolve matters impacting ad delivery or insights production
- Act as the technical implementation lead for strategic go-to-market ad product initiatives that have significant impact on UACF’s monetization strategy.
- Provide ad hoc analyses or campaign management support as needed.
- Train end-users on how to use ad delivery and data platforms as well as provide best practices.
- Manage technical partner and vendor relationships.
- Assist with building competency and thorough understanding of Under Armour’s advertising products, systems, and internal tools.
Who you are
- 4-5 years of experience in online media & ad operations with a premium publisher using industry-standard ad serving vendors.
- Understanding of ad tech landscape and best practices around ad tech architecture.
- Experience leading projects related to indirect ad serving infrastructure (e.g.header bidding)
- Experience managing programmatic and indirect ad campaigns (e.g. optimizing floor prices)
- Comfortable communicating technical matters to both technical audiences as well as non-technical audiences
- Comfortable doing technical troubleshooting of ad serving errors, reporting discrepancies, etc.
- Working knowledge of popular ad technologies like Google Ad Manager(DFP), SFDMP (Krux),Adobe, Google Analytics, Amplitude a plus.
- You have amassed an abundance of first and third party ad serving technology knowledge on platforms such as Google Ad Manager(DFP)
- You have experience with programmatic, indirect, and 3rd party ad systems including technical set-ups with a variety of SSPs.
- Experience with data management platforms (DMPs) a plus.
- Computer Science or technical degree, a plus.
- Proactive on staying on top of ad tech industry trends and have the perseverance to move positive change forward.
Benefits & Perks:
​​At the center of Under Armour values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing, we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
- ​​A competitive compensation package + equity
- ​​Lots of Under Armour gear
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and paid time off
- Lunch provided daily
- Medical, dental and vision benefit
- 401k with matching
- GiveBack volunteer time
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.