Footwear Lead Sevierville Youth
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour strives to promote from within whenever possible. To be considered for this opportunity, you must have been in your current position a minimum of 12 months, not currently on disciplinary probation, and meet the minimum qualifications for this role. Additionally, please ensure that you have received your current supervisor’s approval and notified your HRBP if applying for a position outside of your current department.
Job Title: Footwear Lead
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time or Part-Time
The Footwear Lead is responsible for positively impacting the customer’s experience by providing leadership and support in the footwear zone. The Footwear Lead assists store leadership in merchandising, replenishing, promotion and markdown execution, selling and customer service in the footwear zone. The Footwear Lead is expected to model Under Armour’s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to maintain a positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
- Recognize and communicate Footwear opportunities to store leadership in a timely manner; partner with Store Manager and/or Merchandising DOR to develop and execute action plans for resolution.
- Hold self accountable for maintaining a customer focused environment when operating during business hours.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
- Builds Athlete loyalty through in-store experience, through the use of Athlete data capture (where applicable), endless aisle and the understanding of Connected Fitness applications.
- Act as store expert in all footwear knowledge and technology.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Loss Prevention policies and advise management of any unusual internal or external activity.
- Communicate all employee accidents/injuries to store leadership immediately.
- Teach, train and coach store teammates on footwear product knowledge and technology. Understand competitor’s footwear offerings, industry trends, and upcoming UA footwear releases to be able to educate athletes and team on what makes UA footwear unique and a competitive advantage for our athletes.
- Drive teammate engagement by recognizing and rewarding teammates for their outstanding performance in delivering to Under Armour’s brand standards in footwear.
- Oversee and execute Floor Sets and company directed marketing and merchandising directives in footwear zone.
- Lead efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by ensuring that the store team understands and maintains Under Armour brand standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the Floor Set overview.
- Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed - Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Perform “level-sets” and make sure the store is replenished by pushing all goods to the floor.
- Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor and footwear zone, ensuring store environment is safe for teammates and athletes.
- Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and Floor Set are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe in the footwear zone.
- Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, Floor Sets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum high school education or equivalent.
· Minimum 18 years old
· Minimum 1 year retail footwear experience preferred; team leader experience preferred but not required.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
· Computer and technology proficient.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and store team.
· Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area.
· Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem‐solving & planning skills.
· Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
· Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
The Company expressly reserves the right to choose the candidate it deems best suited for the position and is in the best interests of both the Company and the employee. It will be at the hiring manager’s discretion in determining whom to interview and select for this role.