Consumer Engagement Lead - Canada
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Consumer Engagement lead will be responsible for the consumer engagement plan in Canada: our paid media strategy, owned social channels, acquisition and retention digital marketing.
- Responsible to plan and activate the Canada marketing strategy through the consumer engagement plan.
- Design the Consumer Engagement strategy that will inform budget, programming and channels on an annual level as well as specific campaigns.
- Set clear KPIs for Brand revenue and Brand health in the Country in line with the Country’s 3YP that will be delivered through consumer engagement plans.
- Lead collaboration with 3rd party Media, Creative and Social agencies to establish, own and execute media content strategy, programming and performance.
- Collaborate with North American performance marketing to direct KPIs and adjust plans to deliver to total CE plan in Canada
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence across all digital channels in Canada. Partner with Global Brand for content and build additional content to tailor to the Canadian market and drive set KPI goals.
- Analyze social/digital data to optimize Canada’s Digital content & strategies; measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital mkting campaigns and assess against goals/KPIs
- Work with cross functional Mkting partners (in Canada and Corp) across Brand, Retail and Sports Mkting to align relevant content.
- Assist in judging retailer co funded media plans, and overall strategy to feed the Mkting plan in Canada.
- Key partnerships include, but not limited to full Canada Marketing team, Head of Canada, Head of North America Marketing and Global CE team, and Agency partners: including PR, Creative and Media.
- Establish and implement innovation and growth strategies to keep pace with changing Media and Social landscape
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in the Media landscape to drive brand health and brand revenue
- Experience in leveraging social and digital in a consumer journey to drive brand health and commerce
- Ability to build, assess, measure and optimize multi-tiered media plans
- Analytical, able to create and direct KPIs, scorecarding and optimize plans.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, always changing environment
- Work well with diverse / matrixed teams
- Creative problem solver with high initiative
- Effective partner management
- Management of 3rd party social / creative agency responsible for the community management and creative ideation of Under Armour Canadas social channels.
- Management of 3rd Party Media agency.
- Minimum of 5-8 years in media, digital & social media experience
- Degree of certificate in Marketing, Communications, Digital Management, Social Media or applicable degree
- Previous experience in media, digital and social programs
- Previous experience working with creative, PR and Media agencies
- Experience in web analytics tools such as Omniture
- Experience with social media publishing and listening platforms such as Sprinklr
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience of digital media buying and paid social programming
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and deliver high-quality output every time, on time.
- Ability to motivate and lead others in the development and execution of projects, including ideation and execution.
- Work well with tight deadlines and under pressure in a team environment.
- Experience in working with celebrity athletes, artists and/or influencers.
- Ability to balance brand-building focus with detail-oriented approach
- Deeply rooted passion for sports and fitness
- Detail-oriented, strategic thinker that focuses on the bigger picture
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
- Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Strong knowledge of the fast changing digital and social world
- Creative leadership skills.
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.