Assistant Store Manager - Aurora, OH
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Assistant Store Manager is an entry-level position into the store management career path. The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. This includes the responsibility of assisting the store in achieving its sales goals, meeting merchandising standards and delivering operational excellence through effectively leading a high performing team. The Assistant Store Manager is expected to role model Under Armour’s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
- Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose, which encompasses Under Armour’s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors.
- Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand’s Athlete service standards and selling behaviors.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations while holding the store team accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Build and support effective relationships with all teammates, peers and supervisors to effectively lead positive change.
- Partner with the Store Manager to effectively execute all performance management tools.
- Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
- Reinforce Under Armour Policies and Procedures and partner with Store Manager on accountability for them.
- Lead/Support a Division of Responsibility (DOR) to assist with the overall efficiency of the store. (Athlete Experience, Merchandising, Brand, Operations)
- Participate in the development of teammates with an emphasis on retaining high performing teammates.
- Recognize and properly resolve teammate performance issues; communicate high priority issues to the Store Manager in a timely manner and collaborate to develop a plan for resolution to minimize risk.
- Support the mid-year and annual review process for all teammates by providing feedback on teammates’ performance to Senior Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
- Proactively networks and recruit to support store’s staffing needs.
- Drive teammate engagement by recognizing and rewarding teammates for their outstanding performance.
- Ensure that the teammates adhere to and enforce all employment practices and policies.
- Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for teammates and athletes.
- Support/Lead the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom standards.
- Support the Store Manager in the execution of the short and long term business plan that will drive KPI’s and maximize sales results.
- Partner with the Store Manager to manage payroll and schedule adjustments effectively to maximize productivity and achieve daily/hourly payroll and sales targets.
- Effective use of technology to enhance athlete engagement and drive KPI’s.
- Contribute to the management of expense and operational costs.
- Support our Connected Fitness efforts by the promotion of our Apps and Social campaigns and athlete contests as appropriate.
- Support/Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
- Analyze merchandise reports and direct brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
- Oversee and ensure efficiency of all daily operational procedures.
- Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed - Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
- Perform “level-sets” and make sure the store is replenished by pushing all goods to the floor.
- Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Computer and technology proficient.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and store team.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area.
- Prioritizing, interpersonal, problem‐solving & planning skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales generation and ability to train the team.
- Ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales.
- Ability to coach, provide feedback and partner on substandard performance.
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced and deadline‐oriented environment.
- Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.