Senior IOS Engineer
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Come join Under Armour’s digital division, creating software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health and fitness. You will learn, grow and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history. Will you...PROTECT THIS HOUSE
What does this mean? As UACF strives to build the ultimate Connected Fitness solutions, we face extreme growth while consumers continue to expect flawless experiences and instantaneous response times. In this role, your job is to deliver these experiences while leveraging industry best-practices that contribute to the architecture road map.
You’ll achieve this ambitious goal by working within a cross-functional, Agile team, composed of developers, QA, designers, product and project management. You will work with the latest technologies to create apps that will touch millions of users and enhance their lives.
- Design and implement mobile applications that are built on top of the Under Armour Connected Fitness Platform.
- Work closely with our creative design and user interface team to implement native mobile interfaces according to the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Continually improve the user experience by analyzing and optimizing the UI, data storage, and network communications.
- Be comfortable with researching and implementing cutting-edge technologies to attain business goals that will benefit our continually growing user base.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security.
- Coach team members to increase the success of the team as a whole.
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions.
- Comfortable owning feature development for key features and working with product, design, and junior developers to deliver the feature on time at very high quality.
- 3-6 years experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
- Applicable experience building applications in Objective-C and/or Swift for the iOS platform
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
- Solid experience with Git in a team environment
- Eager to work with new technologies
- Knowledge of other mobile platforms (e.g. Android, Mobile Web)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with modern libraries and tools (e.g. UIKit, CoreLocation, CoreData, CoreBluetooth, AFNetworking)
- Experience with at least one testing framework
- Relational database experience (e.g. SQLite)
- Build and release procedures (e.g. xcodebuild, Provisioning Profiles, iTunes Connect)
- Familiarity with iOS performance tools
- Mentoring and coaching junior developers
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.