Design Manager, Apparel - Women's & Girls
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
We are searching for a Design Manager to focus on and elevate UA Women’s and Girl Category. The Design Manager will focus on Apparel but will also have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand and have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour builds and grows their Apparellegacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead category of business from the design side, partnering directly with design leadership. Manage large scale projects and processes while supervising, reviewing and delegating work to lower level designers.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed sketches, technical packages and bill of materials (boms) while leading team of supporting designers.
- Partner with design leadership to drive concepts for apparel and overall product conceptualization including material, trim and color.
- Ensure that designs meet category price point and target margin
- Lead creation of seasonal category content and milestone deliverables
- Partner directly with product and merch leads to deliver appropriate global assortment.
- Present as design lead at category and seasonal milestone meetings; design check points, style design review, color review.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA, BFA or BS in Apparel, Graphic or Industrial Design
- 6+ years of experience; Industry experience preferred; 1+ year of managerial experience
- Passion every day to design compelling and cutting edge product.
- Ability to understand construction and materials; preferably versed in manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to express concepts and ideas through sketching.
- Presentation skills and comfortable working with a group.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and to successfully meet multiple deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to travel
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.