Head of Marketing, Stephen Curry
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour, via our dominating sports performance brand position, has built a strong foundation for both domestic and global growth in the coming years. At the core of this strong foundation, is the team sports athlete and consumer, whose loyalty to our brand has given Under Armour permission to expand and grow.
The Head of Marketing - SC will assist with developing an SC brand across multiple sport categories. This individual will focus on creating and activating a marketing strategy to drive the SC signature business and respective category extensions across footwear, apparel and accessories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own brand positioning of SC brand across all sport categories
- Be the voice of the consumer; be a thought leader in communications and digital marketing.
- Quarterbacks activities that build authenticity and credibility, drives consumer engagement to achieve / exceed sales goals, globally.
- Partner cross category to manage all SC briefs (product, sports marketing, creative, events, digital, retail, etc.) to initiate and develop category-level support elements.
- Partners with cross-functional marketing expertise groups, and coordinates launches and activations.
- Strategically aligns with Global marketing leadership to ensure campaigns are authentic and relevant to SC and aligned with UA brand.
- Works within budget and reports on return on investment to measure effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Builds close partnerships with all cross functional teams (product, merchandising, sales, etc) and ensures relevant insights are cascaded to key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on collection of consumer trends, competitive insights, industry updates and sales reports.
- Obsess the digital consumer journey across all digital touchpoints securing alignment across all teams.
- Collaborate and partner with other SC sponsorship partners.
- Travel required, domestic and international, including some holidays and weekends.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company and previous leadership experience.
- BA required, MBA is preferred but not mandatory.
- Established relationships at all levels, inclusive of the executive level, in the global marketing industry.
- Prior experience working for a global company with a strong, premium brand and a distinct culture
- Experience working for either a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus.
- Experience conducting business and partnering with executives and staff in multiple regions, a plus.
- Proven global citizen through travel and diversity of experiences.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.