Lead, Channel Marketing
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The North America Marketing Lead for direct to consumer (DTC) is responsible for input to marketing strategy and execution for all marketing related activity in DTC with a focus on Armour Box, ICON and Made to Order. The teammate in this role will build go-to-market strategies and activation plans for these product platforms in the North America region at Under Armour. It is essential that the Lead deliver on the revenue and consumer growth plans while contributing to the Brand’s positioning and fueling the Brand’s consideration. The lead will create consumer-focused marketing activations through a robust integrated marketing plan. The deliverable will be for the US market where the platforms are sold today. The Lead will work to coordinate the building of unified marketing materials across all touch-points needed for new launches and ongoing sales growth, working closely with the cross functional team. This teammate will also ensure that these product platforms are appropriately leveraged into the category and DTC integrated marketing plans.
What will you do?
- Plans and executes category integrated marketing plans for DTC and the DTC IMP.
- Lead will also have a target focus on Armour Box, ICON and Made to Order, all sold through Under Armour’s direct channels
- Armur Box: product subscription service that curates monthly looks for consumers signed up for the service.
- ICON: Custmizable footwear and bags created by our consumer
- Made t Order: Small run, made to order, embellished product for schools, sport teams and B2B
- Works with regional cross functional partners (revenue channel marketers, merchandising, visual, etc.) to plan annual marketing calendar, inclusive of new launches, new features, and an always on plans to increase awareness of platforms, achieve revenue and consumer goals.
- Supports positioning and 3YP plan and roadmap in annual GTM activations.
- Is inventive, in collaboration with Director, DTC, and resulting plans (activations, collaborations, etc) so that the owned platforms contribute to Under Armour’s brand positioning and differentiation.
- Authors briefs to initiate all work complete with insights, KPIs, strategic framework, budget, and consumer engagement plan to guide creative and resulting consumer facing activation plans.
- Leads review of marketing performance and recommended adjustments to the marketing plan through routine hind sighting.
- Reviews the creative executions and consumer engagement plans to ensure they are on strategy and on budget.
- Manages the creative agency relationship with support of MKTG ops and direct Leader,
- Partners with North America marketing channel teams to consult on tactical briefs and acts as a stakeholder for channel tactical deliverables (digital mktg, events, instore, etc)
- Integrates planning into the Go to Market (GTM) milestones to deliver plans in partnership with assigned campaign manager. Works cross functionally through GTM with Merchant and Planner to deliver a joint strategic plan for the platforms (As PODs become defined).
- Provides input on sports marketing/influencer acquisition briefs and owns activation briefs for athletes/influencer/assets in United States.
- Manages budget recommendations for the season to deliver KPIs: Itemized by marketing channel and calendarized. In season, spends to budget, re-forcasting as necessary to meet KPIs
- Builds close partnerships with all cross functional teams and ensures relevant insights, performance and plans are cascaded to key stakeholders
- Is an expert in the consumer in country for the assign categories. Collaborates with Consumer Insights team on collection of competitive analysis, industry studies and sales analysis relevant to the market/consumer
- Assists North America Marketing Ops to measure effectiveness of marketing tactics
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consumer Orientation - Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty for UA
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Team building and leadership – Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions
- Business Acumen – Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
- High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate our Brand.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility for achieving team requirements, tasks, and objectives, even if other resources are required. Goes the extra mile to get the work done and meet commitments made to others.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Seeks to improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better. Asks challenging, open-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other Teammates.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Demonstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional Teammates. Takes the lead, whether in an individual contributor or manager role. Builds working relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Adapts behavior to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Asks questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance, tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company
- Build marketing strategies tied to a business plans (long and short-term)
- Consumer and Business Analytics
- Consumer Segmentation and Targeting
- Creative Process Briefing
- Budgeting, ROI Quantification
- Internal and External client partnership-building with product teams
- Be globally curious in nature
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include: creative briefs, presentations (Power Point, Keynote, and verbal), great storytelling
- Previous experience at Sports Company or retail environment is a plus
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.