Lead, Indirect Procurement
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a Strategic Procurement Manager to drive measurable and sustainable value, in areas of indirect (non-inventory) spend. The person selected for this role will serve as a key business partner for HR/Accounting/Legal, ensuring that Under Armour’s spend management initiatives are not only driving profitability through cost savings, but also exceeding our internal clients’ expectations for high levels of service and quality.
What will I do at Under Armour?
- Indirect Spend Strategic Sourcing Projects
- Proactively and independently seek out opportunities to strategically source categories by building strong relationships with internal category managers
- Concurrently manage multiple (8-10 projects simultaneously) indirect spend sourcing initiatives, with the goal of driving sustainable value in terms of improved quality, service, and price
- Develop spend category profiles for all indirect spend
- Research and identify new suppliers that have the ability to meet or exceed Under Armour’s high expectations for quality and service, while also offering extremely competitive pricing
- Develop and issue RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs; execute reverse auctions
- Analyze supplier proposals and create detailed quantitative and qualitative analyses to fuel the negotiations strategy development process
- Negotiate business terms / legal terms and conditions with suppliers
- Present the results of strategic sourcing projects to senior management, to gain executive sponsor approval
- Partner with Under Armur’s Legal Department to develop, review, and execute contracts
- Work closely with Under Armour’s Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure all generated savings are included in future financial projections
- Work closely with Business Unit to ensure projects are tracking on-time and under budget
- Design and execute process improvement and demand management initiatives
- Partner with spend categry managers to document current spend management processes, and identify / implement significant opportunities for improvement
- Mentor spend category managers to calculate accurate demand forecasts, and work with Financial Planning & Analysis Team to ensure updated forecast are included in current financial projections.
What does Under Armour need from me?
- Bachelors degree in Finance / Supply Chain Management / Business Administration or related background (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Procurement, Finance, Management Consulting, or Project Management with proven track record of success in leading projects that involve process improvement and change management
- Experience supporting procurement for Human Resources
- Demonstrated success in formulating strategic sourcing strategies, developing and maintaining effective relationships with key suppliers, and establishing effective processes and methods of ensuring excellent supplier performance
- High level of experience working in Wholesale/Retail environment
- History of successfully negotiating complex, high-value agreements
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to effectively present finding to all levels of the company
- Experience with ERP, procure-to-pay, and e-sourcing technology solutions (preferably SAP, Ariba P2P, and Ariba SourcingPro)
- Strong project management and communications skills
- The ability to proactively identify significant opportunities for value enhancement, and execute with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate change management with teammates at all levels of the organization
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint)
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.