Lead, Solutions Architect
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Solutions Architects (SA) provide a bridge between specific business opportunities and the technology solutions which are needed to support them. They require a knowledge of the Enterprise Architecture, as one of their roles is to ensure compliance with the Enterprise Architecture in the project.
SA roles are mostly project facing and provide two areas of support:
- With a business focus, ensuring the solution meets with the business requirements.
- With an enterprise focus ensuring that the enterprise requirements for reuse, compliance to standards, principles, traceability to enterprise reference models, and alignment with the target enterprise architecture vision.
As a SA of Omni Channel Systems at Under Armour, you will work closely with business and IT leaders and will lead the design, development and implementation of new solutions within the Omni Channel systems area of our global SAP, Manhattan and Ecommerce implementations. This area includes critical touchpoints to the consumer including sales order management, inventory allocation and delivery strategy. You will also provide leadership and oversight during the full lifecycle to ensure the deliverables meet the business requirements, meet high standards of quality, and adherence to architectural standards. Responsibilities also include partnering with business process owners and our IT business partner organization to drive the business case review process by reviewing requirements and providing high level solutions to determine level of effort and estimated costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Design, develop and implement solutions
- Partner with domain architects to translate strategic target architecture to executable design to drive execution of projects.
- Support active projects throughout the lifecycle, providing oversight and guidance on development objects to ensure consistency with original design as well as overall quality of deliverables
- Investigates operational requirements and seeks effective business solutions through the design and implementation of technology solutions and/or business process improvements
- Proactively identify gaps and opportunities to improve existing functionality. Lead design process, and then either drive delivery process directly, or transition to support analyst teams to drive completion of delivery
Business case development & project scoping
- Support development of project business cases by evaluating business requirements and using deep knowledge of business processes and solutions capabilities in area determine high level solution and level of effort estimates
- Support prioritization process for smaller, non-project prioritization process by reviewing requests and interpreting requirements to drive high level solutioning and level of effort collection
- Provide advanced production support in situations requiring escalation over L1/L2 and UA solutions analyst teams
- For major issues or system problems, initiate and lead a small cross functional team to resolve issue through business process or technology improvements
- Contributes project artifacts to architecture repositories​, and ensures ongoing maintenance
- Manage working relationship with Business Super Users for respective process
- Support Business Relationship Manager in efforts to manage business stakeholders
- Partners with solution architects from other areas to create cohesive, integrated, and supportable solutions
- Establish and maintain Business Process Expertise for respective processes and functional area
- Uses available resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant IT field.
- Builds network of industry colleagues to stay current on trends
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organization, contributes to briefings of staff and management.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Operations concepts
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to highlight/identify gaps in existing functionality and frame this problem in Technology terms
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various consumer, technical and business issues
- Exceptional team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts in business terms
- 10 + years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of direct support and design experience with an omni channel order management system, such as Manhattan DOM
- Proven experience with the analysis of complex business and/or systems/technical requirements or issues and the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Hands on experience in multiple full life-cycle OMS implementations or major cross functional projects is required
- 5+ years’ experience acting as a manager, team lead, project lead, or some other position of leadership and responsibility greater than individual performer is preferred
- Experience with retail and/or ecommerce systems is preferred
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven experience working as part of a global team is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong consumer-centric focus with proven customer service or client management experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System Management, Computer Science, or a relevant business area such as Supply Chain Management preferred, but relevant professional experience will be considered.
- 8-10 Years’ experience hands on working with enterprise level, Omni channel order management systems
- ITIL certifications are a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.