SPLM, Apparel - Boys
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
COMPANY HISTORY AND VISION
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance. Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry, and light throughout the course of a game, practice, or workout.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. Today, with millions of unique registered users across UA’s Connected Fitness community, the brand is resonating with more athletes than ever before, and we’re investing to change the way athletes live.
UA is an environment where building a great team is vital, and where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. Our teammates and the world’s hungriest athletes alike, live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will.
The Senior Product Line Manager for Boy's Apparel will be given an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing brand and category. This individual will play a lead role in building great product and assisting in the design, development, commercialization and sourcing process to ensure product is built in accordance with UA’s line architecture plans. With passion, presence and intellectual curiosity, this individual will play a key role in driving style-performance-fit and make an immediate impact on the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Product direction for the category from concept to market regarding product assortments, ensuring execution of brand strategies and product initiatives.
- Create and lead strategic plans for category development with a keen eye on what is hot in the category and how we can continue to innovate.
- Drive the product development process with Design, Sourcing, Materials, Development, Innovation and Licensee teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Create salable product lines that entice the target audience
- Conduct market research to identify trends and market opportunities to maintain competitive edge; including focus groups, survey data and wear testing
- Conduct regular market and consumer research, industry and competitive analyses
- Maintain communication with Sales, Buyers and Licensee
- Meet regularly with merchandising and marketing to analyze sales results, new trends, information from key accounts and competitors as a feedback for quick response to market opportunities and continuous improvement of the apparel business
- Drive connectivity with the Men’s Training business to determine take-down strategy
- Provide leadership to define market requirements (features and functions)
- Responsible for creating and delivering product briefs to the POD team based on consumer insights, trend, story and commercial goals
- Lead the Design & Development Teams to ensure that product creation calendars and timelines are met
- Drive communication with the POD team with ultimate accountability for margin targets
- Define product marketing requirements and manage the development process by translating user testing, sales and customer support feedback into feature/function requirements
- Organize and manage product strike offs, samples and incoming lab dips
- Own all data management in systems
- Responsible for creating and conducting dynamic product presentations for key GTM milestones
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in and drives meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year University
- 5+ years of product line management experience, preferably in the sports apparel industry
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.