Senior Specialist, Accounts Receivable
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Responsible for supporting corporate goals by way of maintaining business relationships and overall timely and efficient account receivables management for business to business customers.
May include, but are not limited to the following. Additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the department continues to grow.
- Manages and maintains customer account base; primarily focused on specialized and/or high maintenance customers
- Makes a combination of customer service and/or collection type telephone calls to customers
- Takes the appropriate escalation action when unable to reach a resolution
- Manages the overall customer financial services relationship
- Monitors daily hold report and partners with credit analyst to mitigate company risk
- Maintains A/R percentages in line with company goals and KPI’s
- Manages the overall dispute case resolution for claims on customer accounts
- Partners with the appropriate personnel in Distribution/Sales/Customer/Compliance Service/Accounting/IT Departments to resolve customer inquiries/issues
- Ensures completion of account reconciliation
- Validates billing accuracy for customer base
- Has a solid understanding of their customers financial status
- Prepares and provides specialized reporting requests to management upon request
- Supports the A/R Regional Manager in the recruitment and development of new & existing team members
- Assists with the development and training of new employees on the team
- Assists in process improvement projects as needed and performs special projects under the direction of management
- Demonstrates leadership in a team environment
- Dedicated to committing the required time necessary to complete the tasks at hand
- Assumes Regional Manager functions in their absence as well as perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Possess solid managerial and leadership skills
- Accounts Receivable experience with business to business customers
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills specifically proficient in Excel
- Must have experience and the ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Team player: promotes team atmosphere, collaborate with others and shares best practices
- Problem solving: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong Organizational/Time Management Skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer Skills:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- SAP Experience preferred or familiarity with corporate financial accounting systems
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred
- High school diploma (or GED) required
- 3 or more years of collection and customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Knowledgeable in the Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Credit Billing Act, as well as, Federal Bankruptcy Laws
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.