Sr. Manager, AccountingApply Now
Sr. Manager, Accounting
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
This role will be a key leader on our corporate accounting team providing close oversight in addition to taking the lead on transformation for the controllership team. This is the perfect opportunity for a rising accounting leader, looking to make a lasting mark on an organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead accounting transformation initiatives including robotics process automation, close efficiency and enhanced partnerships with software providers
- Advocate for and support global accounting IT projects
- Perform accounting research related to emerging issues impacting to business and memorialize findings in accounting white papers and memorandums
- Oversees end to end ownership of significant accounting processes to ensure consistent and accurate results
- Develop and maintains an environment of continuous process improvement
- Effectively communicate monthly results
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for and/or provide information to and advise, as appropriate, other accounting and finance teammates and key stakeholders
- Develop and coaches a team of inspired teammates
- Work closely with FP&A partners to review actuals and develop detailed accurate forecasts
- Develop and maintains strong partnerships with Key Stakeholders to facilitate and maintain consistent and accurate financial data
- Ability to communicate effectively, articulate ideas, and actionable recommendations to all levels
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with cross functional partners
- Attention to detail resulting in consistent, reliable, and accurate work product
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and proactive
- Solid analytical skills, with ability to prioritize
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of Public and/or Corporate Accounting experience
- Accounting/Finance degree preferred
- Proficient in PC applications (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Office)
- Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP is a must
- CPA required
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist
- Part - Time Stock Teammate - Meridian, ID Meridian, Idaho 08/31/2020
- Manager, MHE Baltimore, Maryland, Swan Creek, Maryland 08/26/2020
- Part - Time Sales Teammate (11am-4pm) - Des Moines, IA Des Moines, Iowa 09/01/2020
- Seasonal Sales Teammate - Toronto (Halton Hills), ON Halton Hills, Canada 09/23/2020