Supervisor, Operations (Weekend)
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Responsible for the overall operation of the Manifest/Scan-pack areas. This includes, but is not limited to, the completion of all express orders on time for pick-up, the efficiency of the team mates, and the development of the floor leaders and team leaders present in the manifest and scan/pack areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inclusive, but not limited, to the following duties:
- Responsible for training and supervising employees to utilize scanners, computers, label printers and to verify accuracy and quality of customer orders and box them to prepare them for shipping. Also to ensure cross training is conducted to provide labor for other departments
- Responsible for over seeing the Manifest Department and ensuring that various tasks associated with the processing of orders are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensures that orders are loaded properly for shipping and to close shipping manifests, providing documents for carriers as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensures accurate packing of orders by the teammates through communication and accountability
- Assists with the development of efficient work stations planning for increased volume
- Assists with achieving the overall goal of the distribution center as well as the individual department goals
- Helps to maintain and build a strong team that emphasizes teamwork among the leaders and drives strong communication between the shifts and among peers
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years of related experience and/or training in a distribution or warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising others is preferred.
- Experience in the apparel industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel as may be required.
- Skilled with database/spreadsheet programs, and specifically MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Experience Manhattan WMi strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an environmentally controlled facility. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.