VP, Total Rewards
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
- Lead, design and implement UA’s Global Total Rewards philosophy
- Align with leadership, CPCO and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on strategic plans for Executive Compensation
- Lead successful annual compensation planning including but not limited to execution of base salary, bonus, awards and all related communications and administration
- Provide thought leadership to business units on compensation issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements and compensation structure
- Lead in preparation and presentation of materials for Board of Directors Compensation Committee meetings Coordinate preparation of executive compensation disclosure information required in Compensation Discussion and Analysis in a Proxy and assist in preparation of communication materials for Comp Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- In partnership with HR and Finance, establish compensation and benefits budgets and guidelines for global locations
- Lead internal comp committee
- Lead the design, annual planning and implementation of the company’s global benefit programs, including Health and Welfare, 401K/Retirement, Executive Benefits, Voluntary Benefits and Wellness initiatives Responsible for establishing all standard policies for administration and communication of all benefit programs
- Oversee Retirement Committee (401(k)) meetings and appropriate documentation of decisions and plan changes adopted
- Responsible for monitoring trends, legislative and business changes for impact on total rewards and ensuring legal compliance for global total rewards programs
- Evaluate and negotiate financial agreements (e.g., contracts, purchases, vendor services) that impact compensation and benefits related matters
- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale; embrace cultural and individual differences; and works with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed, impactful compensation and benefits design decisions
- Ensure all Rewards Program align and adhere to Under Armour’s Culture
- Prepare and monitor budget for compensation, benefits and global mobility programs; monitor cost structure of Compensation & Benefit to ensure they are in alignment with company financial expectations and targets in partnership with legal counsel, ensure efficient and timely filing of all legally required documents and forms
- Oversee and provide thought leadership of Global Mobility programs
ADDITIONAL CRITICAL SKILLS FOR JOB:
- Ability to interface with members of Board of Directors and Executive Leaders through a public traded company
- Extensive technical knowledge of all aspects of Total Rewards globally
- Proven track record of delivering compensation and benefit strategies
- Leadership experience in a large, global company. Experience working with best practices and knowledgeable of industry trends
- Proven, influential leadership skills
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Flexible and comfortable to roll-up your sleeves, used to being hands-on
- Extraordinary communication skills – both oral and written
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources or related field preferred; MBA a plus 15+ years of experience in compensation, benefits and HR Operations with a focus on innovative, fast growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global publicly traded organization
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, legal and tax and financial implications of all compensation elements (base, bonus and equity), globally
- Compensation leadership experience in a large, global company
- Experience in leading large-scale projects with heavy change management requirements.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills. Prior experience leading teams of 20 or more, with at least 5 direct reports and teams of varying levels and function
- Global travel as necessary
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.