Application Support Specialist - APAC
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
This is a great opportunity to join the most explosive growth company in the retail industry! We are investing in our systems and team today to support a much larger business in the future. The Application Support Specialist will serve as a key liaison between the retail business team, the corporate IT team, and software vendors. The right candidate will help guide our business to the next level through a combination of technology and process improvements. This individual will help design, build, and develop new solutions while providing superior customer service. You need to believe in the Under Armour brand and the power to change the industry!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Implement and support our retail-focused enterprise applications, primarily: JDA Allocations, JDA Size Scaling and SAP FMS
- Provide outstanding customer service to home office users and store team for Merchandise Planning & Allocation (MP&A) systems by servicing incidents, identifying and resolving defects and executing enhancements and projects.
- Provide functional expertise and support for MP&A applications and associated interfaces including retail and supply chain systems or questions related to master data, stores, items, pricing and promotions
- Utilize problem solving and technical skills to support the team, resolve questions, and document software bugs for MP&A systems.
- Maximize MP&A system investments/capabilities by learning and providing in-depth functional knowledge in Planning & Allocation and Supply Chain systems.
- Aggressively learn and evaluate existing infrastructure and processes for the MP&A systems and MP&A business team.
- Uncover opportunities in the MP&A systems and business and provide solid business cases for future changes/enhancements.
- Support business growth with software design, development, testing, implementation, and training.
- Thoroughly understand business needs of the MP&A team, translate the needs into actionable projects and tasks, and implement technology solutions to satisfy the needs.
- Provide periodic “on-call” coverage after normal business hours, weekends and/or holidays to ensure minimal outage time and superior service.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new software, platforms, and business changes in the MP&A space.
- Partner and contribute in a cross-functional team including Merchandise Planners, Allocators, Merchants, Store Operations, Logistics/Distribution, and IT.
- Execute Retail IT strategies and directives to ensure future company growth and success.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Proven knowledge of “retail math” and retail sales reporting including S/T, WOS, builds, mark-down analysis, UPT, ADT, conversion, IMU, MMU, comp/like sales, etc.
- Proven knowledge of allocation and replenishment functionality and concepts including rate of sale, seasonality, size curves, lost sales, supersessions, constraints, capacity, prepacks and forecasting algorithms.
- Must demonstrate fluency in SQL and Excel. Oracle, SAP HANA and SQL Server experience is also preferred.
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data; with the ability to synthesize information and translate into effective and actionable insights.
- Must possess superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver projects and results within timelines.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and complete manner.
- Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative attitude.
- Sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have natural intellectual curiosity and significant motivation.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with MIS focus or Computer Science.
- 10+ years of experience in supporting Enterprise retail systems including Merchandise Planning, Allocations, Sales Auditing and/or similar retail systems.
- Experience with JDA Allocation, JDA Enterprise Planning, JDA Size Scaling, SAP FMS or AFS, RetailPro POS is preferred.
- Experience with developing and executing test scenarios supporting data integration between Allocation system and Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Reporting/BI system experience is a plus.
- In-store retail experience is a plus.
- SAP experience is a plus.