Maitenance Battery Handler T3 (Friday 4am-3:30pm) (Saturday-Sunday 5am-4:30pm)
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
As a Distribution House Battery Handler you will be performing an array of functions under the direction of the Maintenance Lead/and or Supervisor to fulfill the Maintenance Department objectives and goals by completing daily tasks which ensure equipment reliability and longevity. This involves contributing to a safety culture and demonstrating Under Armour’s Core Competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and reports any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Operate and maintain Battery Equipment for Powered Industrial Trucks
- Change batteries using a multi-level handler
- Maintain batteries by balancing water levels and surface cleaning
- Ensure all safety systems are functioning
- Perform minor repairs on Powered Industrial Trucks
- Coordinate repairs with PIT vendor
- Perform routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements.
- Maintain an accurate record of all PM activities
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of motors and reducers
- Assist troubleshooting problems with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
None; this position has no direct reports.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; 6 months warehouse experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A valid driver license
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in organization
- At least three to five years warehouse and forklift experience or industrial maintenance
- Excellent proven safety record
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised
- Use necessary tools to resolve equipment issues
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understand and follow distribution safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation.
- Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required. Follow Lockout/Tagout Safety policy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- PC experience; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- PC experience; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, and stoop.
- The ability to frequently lift items weighing an average of 25 to 50 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an environmentally controlled facility. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.