Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
MyFitnessPal, part of Under Armour Connected Fitness, is looking for an experienced iOS mobile developer who want to build and scale the world's number one health and fitness app. We're looking to grow our team into a world-class group that wants to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges. We're a small team, and we are looking for people to make a big impact. This means you should want to take on a lot of responsibility and be able to handle tasks independently. You should be able to think critically about a problem, evaluate the solution set, and pick the right course of action given the set of constraints, while working and collaborating in a cross-platform team setting.
- Design and implement mobile applications that are built on top of the Under Armour Connected Fitness Platform.
- Work closely with our creative design and user interface team to implement native mobile interfaces according to the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Continually improve the user experience by analyzing and optimizing the UI, data storage, and network communications.
- Be comfortable with researching and implementing cutting-edge technologies to attain business goals that will benefit our continually growing user base.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security.
- Coach team members to increase the success of the team as a whole.
- Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions.
- 5+ years experience writing software within an Agile or similar development environment
- 3+ years of mobile experience
- Applicable experience building applications in Objective-C and Swift for the iOS platform
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Comfort working with RESTful APIs
- Solid experience with Git in a team environment
- Eager to work with new technologies
- Experience shipping 1 or more live apps to the app store
- Knowledge of other mobile platforms (e.g. Android, Mobile Web)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Xcode Server)
- Experience with modern libraries and tools
- Experience with at least one testing framework (e.g. XCTest, OCMock, UIAutomation)
- Relational database experience (e.g. SQLite)
- Build and release procedures (e.g. xcodebuild, Provisioning Profiles, iTunes Connect)
- Familiarity with iOS performance tools
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.