Director, Government Relations
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This position leads Under Armour’s government relations efforts. The position is responsible for developing and implementing Under Armour’s government relations strategy and initiatives at the international, federal, state and local levels on issues that are relevant to the company’s vision, mission and goals. Reports to the company’s EVP General Counsel.
- Serve as the chief lobbyist and government relations advisor for the company on legislative, regulatory and policy issues at the international, federal, state and local levels.
- Develop, implement and lead a strategic approach to engage company executives with the goal of identifying and prioritizing proactive legislative and regulatory initiatives that support key business objectives of the company.
- Develop appropriate policy positions on key issues and initiatives impacting the company, including in the areas of international trade, innovation, manufacturing, tax, intellectual property and data privacy as well as other topics.
- Represent the company with the executive and legislative branches of government, regulatory agencies, trade associations, issue coalitions, community groups and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments impacting the company and its brand and business.
- Manage outside government relations consultants and advisors.
- Partner with UA’s Philanthropy team to communicate social impact of philanthropy efforts
Critical Skills & Experience:
- Law or graduate degree in public policy/political science preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of government affairs experience, preferably within the apparel and footwear industry; experience at the federal level preferred.
- Prior in-house corporate or business trade association experience a plus.
- Able to articulate and represent Under Armour’s policy positions in an impactful, persuasive and bipartisan manner.
- Viewed as a trusted advisor with a successful track record in building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of a corporate or governmental organization.
- Outstanding analytical and leadership skills with ability to think strategically and achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; assertive and approachable personality.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, creative, self-motivated, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.