Lead, Consumer Insight
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is seeking an EMEA Consumer Insight Manager to join the Global Consumer Insights team who is passionate about identifying consumer needs and behaviors. This role will lead, plan and conduct a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative studies to drive actionable insights for the business. Those studies will span across our sport and product categories. You will work with members of the Global Consumer Insights (GCI), EMEA Strategic, Marketing, Commercial and Merchandising teams. You will report on daily basis to the EMEA strategic Sr Dir. based in Amsterdam, and functionally to the GCI VP based in Baltimore.
Responsibilities: EMEA Consumer Insights: Manager
- Manage Under Armour’s EMEA Brand Tracking & Market Data program. This includes working with marketing teammates to understand regional needs, analyzing KPI trends and forming recommendations to global CGI and EMEA business based on results
- Work closely with the Under Armour Marketing, Merchandising, commercial and Sports Category teams to identify and understand key research opportunities
- Leveraging Under Armour’s online app community for continuous insights around our target consumer by sport category.
- Analyze our internal consumer database to understand connections between online , offline sales and macro consumer behavior trends.
- Lead, plan and conduct a wide variety of internally-managed research projects (e.g. surveys, focus groups, ethnographies, mining databases) to provide findings and actionable recommendations
- Organize and coordinate research being performed by external partners
Critical Skills/Experiences/Attributes: Manager
- A strong desire to understand what makes our consumer tick
- A focused observer who is able to pull out and glean insights that lead to action
- 5+ years focused experience designing and executing research studies with actionable results
- A collaborator willing to work across a wide variety of groups
- Experience working on qualitative and quantitative studies from start to finish including study design, recruitment, fielding, analysis & reporting
- Excellent communicator that can deliver information verbally and in written form to both senior and junior people within the organization
- Project management skills and experience working on several complex projects concurrently
- Solid analytics skills, ability to read and interpret data from multiple sources and deliver actionable recommendations
- Experience with fielding surveys in Qualtrics or similar surveying technology
- Statistical knowledge and experience, including experience annotating questionnaires, identifying statistical differences, and number checking reports
Education, experience or other requirements:
- Survey tools (e.g. Qualtrics)
- English fluency, German and French knowledge a plus
- Excel (including pivot tables)
- Minitab or similar
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.