Copywriter/Content Strategist, Global eCommerce
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a UX copywriter/content strategist. But not just any writer. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, strategic thinker who is inspired and energized by the power of sport. One who understands our mission. Because it’s not just an everyday brand we’re building. Our brand, products, and services carry the passion of the world’s greatest athletes—from this generation and the next—and the power to help bring out the very best in human performance. Our innovations empower every person who puts on our shirts, laces up our shoes, downloads our apps, customizes their gear, and tears open our ArmourBoxes to reach for one percent more in everything they do. Our solutions…make all athletes better.
The ideal candidate will be obsessed with athletes, attitude, authenticity, and all things digital, at every customer touchpoint. The writer/strategist we seek will be driven and unrelenting in the face of the challenges that balancing big projects and tight deadlines bring. So if you’re not just any writer and you’re ready to show the world what your words are really made of, we’re looking for you.
You'll be working in a creative environment with business-owners, product managers, creative directors, designers, and developers to create out-of-the box digital experiences for cutting-edge digital products. You’ll play an instrumental role in delivering a successful Omni-channel customer experience. There should be a desire to deliver a powerful brand experience through content, working in tandem with design—expressed through details of an interface or an installation in the retail environment. And you’ll need to have some fairly solid project management skills to make it all work.
Experience developing content strategies and writing copy across digital channels (beyond blog posts) is a must, and experience with retail/e-commerce is a strong plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Brainstorming and conceptualizing forward-thinking ideas and ways to express the brand digitally
· Create copy and communication including interface copy, transactional e-mails, product collateral, and more
· Collaborate closely with brand and marketing teams to ensure consistency in the customer experience
· Assess, refine, and evolve content needs of programs already in flight
· Collaborate with UX designers and product developers on layouts, wireframes, customer experience journeys, copy placement, and visual design elements
· Deliver on the brand’s established voice/tone and develop communication strategies for all consumer-facing communication
· Oversee production of content with internal teams and external vendors
· Create and manage the content calendar for Digital initiatives
· Create relevant documentation for content strategies and user flows
· Collaborate with teams in multiple offices/locations using enterprise-level project management tools
Education and/or Experience:
· 3+ years working experience in developing consumer-facing interactive content
· A very strong background in copywriting, with working experience developing content strategy and UX content for digital experiences
· An ability to weigh in on design decisions with an understanding of strategic goals—a knack for making sure the work looks amazing and has content to match
· Ability to think strategically, apply critical thinking, be proactive, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Experience working with multiple stakeholder groups
· Have worked agency side for major brands or experience with retail/e-commerce
· Support a test-and-learn environment by creating messaging that can be A/B tested for efficacy and impact
· Microsoft Office and Mac platform proficiency
· Samples of work submitted with your resume [Examples: UI copy (with an emphasis on mobile), transactional voice/copy, information architecture maps, content mapping, personas/audience profiles, user journeys
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.