Software Engineer, UA Shop
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
At Under Armour we are rethinking how e-commerce should be done and we want brilliant engineers to help us create our next generation platform. Taking advantage of cutting edge technology, we are engaging with the open source community to assemble a modular, maintainable and performant system that leverages automation to give engineers a good balance of freedom, insight and accountability.
We’re a small team of passionate engineers who live and breathe technology. We are growing and want you to become part of what is, and will continue to be, a challenging and exciting environment. We are looking for people whose idea of a good time is creating projects on their own and sharing them with the world. We’re looking for people who understand that they never stop learning and are excited by that. We’re looking for people who rejoice in elegant solutions to intractable problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Execute full lifecycle software development
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code
· Document and maintain software functionality
· Work closely with mobile app teams to design and optimize client/server interaction model
· Provide thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, and security
· Work closely with product teams to define and refine feature specifications
· Turn big ideas into simple, elegant solutions
· Expertise in Distributed Systems
· Experience in server-side technologies such as NodeJS, Kafka and Docker
· Experience in data store technologies such as MSSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and Redis
· Experience designing APIs optimized for mobile applications
· Experience writing unit tests and testable code
· Experience with using Git in a team environment
· Proficiency with command line navigation
Education and/or Experience
· BS in CS or 3+ years of comparable experience
· Expertise and experience in API & service performance profiling and tuning
· Familiarity with cutting-edge open source libraries and experience contributing to projects of personal interest a plus
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services administration a plus
· Experience with Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform or Spinnaker a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.