Sr. Lead, Business Development
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
About Under Armour Digital
Under Armour Digital is a transformative business unit of Under Armour. We are changing the way millions of people around the world achieve their fitness and nutrition goals supporting the Under Armour mission to “Make You Better”. UA Digital is the leader in connected fitness – building the world’s largest digital health and fitness community by providing interactive tools and services that help our users achieve their health & fitness goals. Our consumer apps – MapMyFitness, Endomondo, UA Record and MyFitnessPal – are among the most popular apps on iOS and Android and the cloud-based platforms have been supporting a rapid growth of over 100,000 new users every day for a total of 260+ million users across the network.
About Global Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
The UA Digital Business Development & Strategic Partnerships team is responsible for accelerating the Under Armour mission of “Make You Better” through brand aligned strategic global partnerships that generate meaningful growth and business impact. Through the role, the team works closely with product teams and other cross-functional teams to set partner strategy, identify and establish new opportunities, and lead partner engagement and execution. Our role provides a unique opportunity at Under Armour to work on highly challenging projects with the ability to impact the business, create meaningful new products, services, & new businesses, and work with diverse set of teams and leaders throughout the organization.
The Senior Lead of BD & Strategic Partnerships will contribute to this mission by leading a set of high impact strategic partnership opportunities end-to-end, globally. As such, the Senior Lead must be a creative, strategic, ROI-focused and execution-oriented leader. This individual will also be someone with the ability to lead, organize and motivate internal teams as well as interact with both internal and partner executives with ease. For the partner engagements managed, a key focus of the individual will be to maximize the value provided to our users, our partners, and back to the business. The Senior Lead is expected to drive prioritization as a key theme and improve the UA BD function, conceiving and implementing ideas, best practices, processes that will make the function world-class.
- Partner with UA Digital leadership and product teams to influence partnership strategy and overall partnership prioritization that align to business goals
- Establish new or grow existing strategy aligned partnership engagements through opportunity identification, partner targeting, and partner selling and negotiations on business and product relationship.
- Build highly compelling business cases and rationale to influence leadership support and resourcing for new opportunities.
- Qualify partner opportunities considering UA corp. strategy, BD strategy, product & financial requirements, customer value, and full set of target business criteria.
- Lead execution of partner engagements holistically from idea to ‘launch’ working closely with virtual cross-functional teams.
- Proactively manage the impact from partner engagements on the business & our users.
- Manage partner relationships at both working and executive levels to insure successful and mutually beneficial engagements.
- Contribute to new ideas and bring in best practices & process improvements that improve overall BD team operations.
- Develop and build industry relationships that can lead to new partner engagements or inform future strategy.
- 5-7+ years of strategic business development experience spanning opportunities across new revenue, product enablement and user growth & engagement.
- Deep exposure to mobile software and hardware products, user experiences, business models and technologies. Experience in digital fitness/sport, nutrition, wellness, health software/devices a strong plus; athletic apparel & footwear experience also a plus
- Strong analytical capabilities in terms of building business cases using industry data, consumer insights, and other data analytics.
- Strong strategic thinker who can easily paint a vision within the organization.
- Strong writing and communication skills - ability to communicate concisely and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Sharp negotiation skills and ability to structure business agreements
- Data-driven decision maker, able to synthesize information and turn it into successful strategy
- Highly credible presence and engagement style; comfortable presenting to large and small groups, C-level executives
- Experience in effectively managing strategic partner relationships across many different functions and levels, including C-level executives
- Organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership; able to bring together and influence large virtual senior-level cross-functional teams to insure opportunity success
- Proven team player; participation and achievement in team-based sports and/or passion for fitness and sport industry a strong plus
- BS/BA required, MBA from top school highly desirable; Mobile/consumer software product management or marketing experience a big plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.