Associate Apparel Designer, Outerwear
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Associate Designer will assist with bringing the vision of the Brand to life through innovative, trend-right and Brand-right designs that are cutting-edge and fresh. The Associate Designer will synergize with other designers, product managers and developers. We are an authentic brand that pushes the envelope every day; innovation is a key part of our success. We are looking for an Associate Designer who is willing to learn and develop a strong point of view built on inspirations and ideas to create compelling and fresh product coveted by athletes everywhere.
- Support Design Team by presenting a collection story to our customers under aggressive timelines
- Develop and execute clear and detailed technical kits for development
- Manage merchandising page and own color management of the line
- Build presentation files
- Own the creative process for several styles as a portion of the line
- Build and continually improve sports competency across all categories
- Interact cross functionally with PLM’s, Developers, Patternmakers and Fabric Developers on seasonal line development, including Fit Sessions
- 1-2 years of Design experience required
- BA or BFA in Apparel, Graphic, or Industrial Design
- Strong communication skills for both interpersonal relationships and presentations
- Fast, efficient, nimble, accountable; comfortable working in a dynamic and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input
- Ability to take direction and work with a team
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Passion every day to design compelling, cutting edge product
- Knowledge and understanding of garment construction
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Strong communication skills--written and oral
- Ability to work independently
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.