Solutions Analyst - Product Applications
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As aDeveloper, Product Applications and part of the Product Technology Team you will assist in software development for all of Under Armour’s Product Applications. This includes but is not limited to applications used for PLM, Development, Sourcing, Merchandising, Design, 3D, and Materials Management. We are looking for a software developer with a proven track record of custom development, COTS implementation, and hybrid approach of tailored configuration of vendor products.
This role is joins an established IT team, driving to implement new technologies, simplify and standardize existing Product Technology landscape, and deprecate a number of systems and processes which are no longer supported, or are too cumbersome to support with existing resources. The Lead Developer should feel comfortable in the confines of the current project work, but will also be able to meet with external partners to discuss future projects/enhancements and ways to further leverage Product Technology to drive Under Armour forward.
You must have strong time management and organizational skills, be flexible, and have the ability to quickly improvise. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment supporting tremendous growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Development efforts on medium and large scale, multi-team IT projects
- Partner with software vendors and functional BPOs/SMEs to develop technology solutions that will provide the desired business capabilities
- Lead code reviews, while fostering iterative, collaborative development environment
- Create detailed technical requirements and design documentation
- Coordinate version control (GIT, MS-TFS, Bitbucket, or similar) between multiple developers working on same code base
- Partner with solution, domain, enterprise architects, and service delivery lead to create and execute the strategy and roadmap for product applications
No management responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated experience implementing distributed systems and building reliable data integrations between those systems:
- API’s (REST, WSDL)
- SFTP / Flat file integration
- ETL (SSIS or SAP Data services)
- Batch Automation (Autosys, Redwood, Dell Boomi, or BMC Control-m)
- Strong conceptual understanding of workflow automation
- Eventing and Event Handling (MSMQ, Kafka)
- Expert Level SQL developer:
- Data modeling
- Stored procedure & view creation
- Ad-hoc SQL queries
- SQL performance tuning
- BCP IN/OUT
- Microsoft MDS experience a huge plus
- Strong Object Oriented programming experience in Java, C#, C++, VB.Net. MVC and console experience preferred
- Scripting programming in Powershell, Python, Perl, or similar language
- Familiarity with SAP core ECC architecture a plus (FMS experience a larger plus)
- Work extensively with Security and Infrastructure Teams; can speak language of servers, firewalls, SSO, and Windows AD
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile environment
- Experience with system architecture and design, bonus would be TOGAF certification
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Apparel industry experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree, in IT-related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a development role
- ITIL foundations, Agile training, or other industry certifications preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.