Development and Process Lead, Global Labeling and Packaging
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a Development and Process Lead, Global Labeling and Packaging to support the Global Labeling & Packaging team with development, process standardization, and projects management of consumer facing packaging and labeling. This GL&P Development & Process Lead will have an emphasis on packaging & labeling creation with an understanding of the development lifecycle across all product categories, divisions, and supply chains.
This role is ideal for individuals seeking to understand the supply chain of packaging and labeling by integrating with the multi-functional teams to manage development schedules and other related projects needed to build an end-to-end packaging & labeling team. In this role, the candidate will understand how to manage and develop packaging while building new processes and standards to deliver packaging and labeling solutions. This individual will have to demonstrate knowledge in packaging processes, identify efficiencies and standards, and be able to maintain multiple projects on tight timelines. In addition, key attributes of the individual we are looking for include excellent collaboration and communication skills, detailed supply chain and process improvement experience, and a deep understanding of the UA value chain paired with an eye for executional feasibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop multiple packaging and labeling items for Under Armour’s apparel, footwear, and accessories divisions while working across multiple product categories
- Define and drive packaging and labeling standard documentation as well as global production and logistics requirements for internal and external stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with peers within Revenue, Legal, Customs, Sourcing, Compliance, Product Development, Materials Management, Customer Service, Logistics and others to ensure full compliance of all production, labeling, and packaging guidelines within all regional markets
- Manage adherence, tracking, and risk analysis of projects to sync with our global product calendars and seasonal deadlines
- Implement new processes for design, development, production, and manufacturing of various strategic initiatives with close coordination with UA’s Master Data and IT teams to integrate systematic solutions
- Project manage key initiatives to build an end-to-end packaging team that is fully integrated in the systems and processes of UA
- Partner with product teams to implement standards across BOMs and systems while aligning with purchasing, sourcing, design, IT, and master data
- Technical– Ability to analyze and develop packaging solutions
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions
- Analytical –Collects and provides data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Presentation Skills –Ability to communicate the story behind the numbers; Present data visually through graphs, charts, and reports
- Teamwork – Experience in leading and collaborating on cross-functional projects and holding peers and superiors to key deadlines for task completion; Contributes to building a positive team environment
- Embraces Change -The candidate must feel comfortable with, react positively and be able to manage sudden project and direction changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred in Packaging, Engineering, or Supply Chain)
- 3-5 years’ experience in Packaging Development, Operations, Project Management or related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Comprehensive knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance
- Knowledge of the apparel, footwear, or accessories industry and development preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.