Director, DTC Planning
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour needs an expert planning leader in the North America Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Retail Division. The DTC Planning Director has a uniquely exciting opportunity to strategically lead at scale within a fast growing brand and division. Passion, desire, integrity and a commitment to delivering results are all traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a critical strategic thought leadership role within the financial and inventory planning processes for our retail stores as well as within our overall omni-channel strategy and roadmap. It’s a unique opportunity to make an instant impact to the business; additionally you will be responsible for the continued development of our teammates as well as driving enhanced processes, acting as a key strategic thought leader that enables our total North America Direct-to-Consumer planning organization to continue to be a global leader in planning for UA. As such, you will routinely engage and partner with our Finance, Merchandising, Visual, Store Operations, and Store Leadership teams as well as senior DTC leadership amongst others here at UA to drive and deliver on our strategic business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead on all components of the retail Open-to-buy for select DTC sub-channels to deliver on sales, margin, and inventory targets thru a multi-tiered, multi-dimensional planning organization
- Refine and develop end-to-end inventory management strategies that support pre-season financial and inventory alignment along with optimal in-season execution to deliver on all business KPIs that enable delivery on total regional inventory goals
- Partner with key cross-functional leaders through the corporate Go-To-Market (GTM) process to ensure Direct-to-Consumer alignment with key corporate strategies & initiatives; represent the DTC planning POV in all key reconciliation touchpoints.
- Participate in the evolution of omni-channel planning for UA to help design highly dynamic, scalable processes that provide enhanced inventory productivity and efficiency while maximizing sales and margin
- Develop and lead a high-functioning, high-talented planning team to ensure continued individual development and career progression in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
Act as a key thought leader on the North America Direct To Consumer (DTC) Planning and Inventory Team to ensure optimal performance through training and development, inspired teamwork, routine recognition of success, and strategic development of bench strength that results in future leaders of the larger global planning organization.
- Consistently produces results at the functional team level
- Accountable for their own execution, and that of their team
- Can complete a project with minimal direction
- Inspires confidence from their achievements that they will deliver. Done! Done! Done!
- Management: Hires and helps develop highly capable teammates
- Mentors and coaches teammates through motivation, an approachable style, and walking the talk themselves
- Communicates effectively
- Creates an appropriate sense of urgency as needed
- Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Lives for the Company values in their everyday interactions
- Commits time and energy to the success of the Company
- Positively represents UA outside of the Company
- Acts as a key leader in implementing the strategic plan that creates a unique advantage for UA in the marketplace
- Leads and drives projects and processes that have significant impact for their business
- Develops and proposes ideas that support the achievement of UA strategies
- Analyzes and challenges work methods to determine process improvement and better results
- Understands how their function fits into the Company objectives
- Has Senior Leadership’s as well as their team’s and peer’s trust
- Delivers what is promised
- Proactive thinker who pushes for what is best for the functional team
- Is included in critical decisions as it pertains to their functions
- Provides thinking that is valuable to the organization
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8 –10+ years of related work experience desired with emphasis on both forecasting as well as inventory management preferably within a variety of retail environments inclusive of Omni-Channel specific experience; a demonstrated track record of progression with the ability to handle scale and expanded scope/complexity inclusive of people development is also critical.
- 3 –5+ years proven experience working within a forecasting system such as APO, Logility, Just Enough, JDA, or 7th Online –preferably supporting an Ecommerce/Retail/Omni-channel business
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, utilize resources effectively and drive themselves and their team for results in a fast paced, growth environment
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated track record of proven thought leadership, strategy development, and independent problem solving especially within business critical issues
- Established ability to build and maintain effective working relationships to drive collaboration, teamwork and business results; Proven ability to engage and influence at all levels in a fast paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor message to all levels in the business
- Demonstrated track record of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Excel skills to facilitate data analysis and critical problem solving as well as SAP/Business Intelligence Reporting
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of planning, buying, and/or inventory management experience at an elevated level with demonstrated progression in the scope of role inclusive of functional scope and people management responsibility
- Must have a proven track record of building, developing, managing and inspiring a highly functioning team
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.