Director, Global Compensation
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As a valuable member of the Total Rewards Team, the Director, Global Compensation at Under Armour is primarily responsible for design, management and execution of the Company’s global compensation programs, policies and processes that span all divisions/functions/regions.
The ideal candidate will ensure the compensation plans at Under Armour enhance our ability to attract, motivate, and retain top talent needed to support the growth of UA’s talent base (15,000 and growing) by providing strategic business partner and analytical expertise to the business and HR team.
Under the supervision of the VP, Global Total Rewards this individual must be a champion for workplace excellence and putting people first, and a proven successful leader of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains strategic focus on building strong relationships with key customers, understanding the business and delivering quality services and products that continue to evolve and support key business needs.
- Consults with HR Leads, HR Business Partnersand business leaders on the alignment of reward programs with business strategies and issues of pay
- Leads reward efforts to provide value-add consultative services to business and HR leaders; manages the International Reward community for development and sharing opportunities
- Manages global salary survey selection and appropriate use of market data; drives well-managed local benchmarking efforts, including strategy and methodology, survey selection, special studies, market intelligence, etc.
- Keeps abreast of global market trends
- Manages global annual rewards cycles including merit, bonus, LTI and promotion payouts; conduct global merit budget and economic analysis working with each country to establish final merit budget; conducts appropriate modeling including the creation of merit matrices; provides global tools and manage global reporting
- Manages deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing reward programs and model potential impact of alternatives
- Coordinate preparation of executive compensation disclosure information required in the annual proxy statement
- Assist in preparation of executive compensation-related materials for Compensation Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- In partnership with HR and Finance, establish compensation budgets and guidelines for global locations
- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale; embrace cultural and individual differences; and work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed, impactful compensation design decisions
- Take lead on compiling responses to external surveys, such as “Best Places to Work” and assist with communication planning for internal company surveys
- Manage a team of compensation and equity professionals
ADDITIONAL CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Experience in design and implementation of compensation structures across multiple geographies
- Technical knowledge of executive compensation
- Proven, influential leadership skills
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Ability to operate in a face-paced environment with competing priorities
- Flexible and comfortable to roll-up your sleeves, used to being hands-on
- Extraordinary communication skills – both oral and written
- Serve in a business and though partner to various levels of the organization
- Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources or related field preferred; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience in compensation with a focus on innovative, fast growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global publically traded organization.
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, legal and tax and financial implications of all compensation elements (base, bonus and equity), globally.
- Compensation leadership experience in a large, global company.
- Experience in leading large scale projects with heavy change management requirements.
- Strong leadership and staff development skills.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.