Director, Global Concept & Prototype Development
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a qualified and driven Director of Global Concept & Store Development. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour continues to impact the business like no other company has. This position will be responsible for overseeing all strategy for new concept development and prototyping for Global Retail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Own the strategic development of new Retail concept stores to ensure a brand enhancing experience, while achieving business objectives
- Use research and consumer insights to create a customer journey that is brought to life through both seamless and differentiating experiences
- Oversee all new concept prototyping and ensure linked to strategic objectives
- Current Concept Evolution- New Elements DTC/SIS
- Global Concepts & Flagship- experiences, elements, sourcing
- Partner with Global Store Design, Global Retail Marketing, Global Visual Merchandisinga and Global Store Operations on new concept development to connect design and experiences to the consumer and ensure brand experience is realized in space, and always considering a channel-less integration
- Partner with Global PMO on rollout strategy and integration with regions and existing business process
- Manage retail innovation process (Prototype, Test and Pilot) to push the thinking on new technology and industry leading ideas, while balancing needs of the consumer and state of the business
- Partner with Global Supply on new concept sourcing strategy
- Vendor sourcing – find new vendors (for new experiences/new elements)
- Oversee new concept and prototype budget tracking, reporting, and forecasting
- Communicate frequently and effectively with executive levels at Under Armour to make sure Retail POV is reflected in overall strategy
- Work closely with Corporate Strategy team on how corporate strategic initiatives impact and will be impacted by GSD
- Empower the team to find opportunities to be more efficient and effective, become managers, and lead their teams at a high performing level
- Invest in GSD leadership team to build strategy, momentum, morale and make sure goals connected to a larger vision
- Builds a high performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action
- Identify risks and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Other responsibilities and experiences as assigned.
Sr. Coordinator, Global Store Development
Lead, Global Prototype Development
Sr. Coordinator, Global Prototype Development
Sr. Lead, Global Program Management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Strategic Visioning- Communicates team vision and goals in alignment with UA’s strategic direction. Recognizes the potential impact of internal and external challenges on future state of the business unit, and develops action plans to meet these challenges.
Creativity and Innovation- Continuously generates new ideas, strategy, and solutions- weighing options and taking risks. Encouraging Teammates to share, build on, and challenge new ideas, products, or solutions.
Collaboration- Communicated within and across teams to solve problems and hit team goals. Takes the role of the expert or leader as needed. Builds working relationships across matrixed teams in order to integrate individual perspectives. Acknowledges and encourages contributions of other teammates.
Global Perspective- Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences and demonstrates knowledge of global trends, making the connection as to how they impact team goals.
Accountability- Maintains a high level of cooperation by communicating responsibilities and expectations to others. Takes ownership of team results by tracking individual Teammate contributions.
Building Talent- Seeks opportunities to develop own leadership skills. Creates an environment for Teammates to grow and demonstrate new skills. Provides constructive and behavior-based feedback on performance and development. Motivates teammates by tracking goals and celebrating significant milestones. Applies understanding of current and future talent needs in selection and development of talent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong project management, presentation development, and research skills.
- Creativity, up-to-date knowledge of consumer/retail trends and digital technology and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Contributing ideas and design to the overall brief
- Developing interactive design through rapid prototyping/VR
- Working as part of a team with other designers/consultants/internal and external partners
- Able to synthesize concepts into actionable and profitable (revenue and/or “brand health”) designs
- Entrepreneurial mindset capable of achieving results through cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Minimal travel as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant experience
- 10-15+ years Retail strategy, program management and experience design
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.