Director, International TaxApply Now
Director, International Tax
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour is looking for a Director, International Tax. The Director, International Tax will be responsible for US international and foreign tax planning, as well as oversee transfer pricing and compliance for US international and foreign tax jurisdictions. The Director, International Tax will report directly to the Vice President of Global Tax and will supervise a team of three, including an International Senior Tax Manager and two Senior Tax Accountants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all facets of international tax matters including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for development and implementation the Company’s US international tax and foreign tax planning. Includes original analysis of all planning options for proposed business, legal entity, and transfer pricing changes, with consideration of impacts to operations, tax accounting, cash taxes, and compliance
- Perform detailed research within US international tax and foreign tax laws, regulations, and other legal authority and prepare memos to support the Company’s tax positions
- Partner with the Global Senior Tax Manager to ensure all tax planning projects, transfer pricing, and international operations are accurately reflected in the Company’s short and long-term effective tax rate forecasts
- Responsible for foreign income, information reporting, and transfer pricing compliance review and filing with support of external service providers
- Responsible for oversight and detail review of the US international and material foreign income tax accounting (ASC 740) calculations prepared by the International Senior Tax Manager and Senior Tax Accountants
- Responsible for the Company’s uncertain tax positions analysis and conclusions related to foreign tax matters
- Oversee the facilitation of the quarterly reviews and annual audits of the US international and foreign tax provisions with external financial statement auditors
- Responsible for overseeing all cash optimization initiatives and tax payment projections for all foreign legal entities; working with UA’s treasury and foreign regional controllership teams
- Responsible for overseeing and/or direct management of correspondence and foreign income tax audits with external service providers
- Responsible for the international tax teams’ management of foreign income tax and transfer pricing compliance expenditures to budget
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Company’s domestic and international operations and intercompany transactions
- Develop strong working relationships and serve as resource to key stakeholders with an emphasis on internal Controllership, Legal, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Human Resources departments and external tax advisors
- Execute on high priority vital assignments efficiently and accurately
- Respond to sensitive and highly confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- This position initially includes direct supervisory responsibility of an International Senior Tax Manager and two Senior Tax Accountants.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES:
- Ability to analyze, and interpret tax laws and regulations, technical guidance, tax journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations and apply and communicate the implications to the Company
- Strong Communication skills. Able to express facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing and organized manner; listen effectively, and clarify information as needed to tax and non-tax internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to be hands on, detail oriented, while being able to see the big picture
- Exceptional time and resource management skills with the ability to manage and develop a team of experienced tax professionals
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Flexible with change and able to shift gears quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with Power Bi/Alteryx, OneSource Tax Provision or comparable software preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS/minor or MS in Accounting preferred; CPA preferred
- Master’s degree in taxation a plus
- 10+ years of Big 4 public tax experience or a mix of public accounting and multinational corporate tax department experience
- Extensive experience with interpreting and applying US international and foreign income tax laws and regulations; specifically, US international tax Subpart F (including GILITI) and foreign tax credits
- Proficient knowledge of transfer pricing principles
- Experience with implementation of US and foreign intercompany transactions and agreements required
- Proficiency in research of US international and foreign tax laws, rules and regulations and application to specific scenarios required
- Proficient knowledge of ASC 740 income tax accounting required
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist