Lead, Global Accounting
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This position exists in order to support the accounting and finance teams in International offices through knowledge sharing and regular touch bases. This position will assist with the roll out of formalized policies and technical knowledge. This position will assist in the effort to create consistent processes, models and procedures around the world. This position will be the first line of communication to the International Accounting and Finance Teams.
- Support of International Teams through knowledge sharing and regularly occurring touch bases to ensure constant contact with International Accounting Teams.
- Assist with the International close, internal control needs, as well as understand results.
- Lead the staff members of the Global Accounting Team based in Baltimore
- Assist in the roll out and communication of new Accounting policies, as well as assist in the set up of formalized policies and procedures.
- Drive consistencies and knowledge sharing across all 4 regions.
- Understand the business across all regions, including the drivers and risks
- Support the successful go-live and market entries in new countries from an accounting and finance perspective
- This is a pure global role that will bring order and context to the regional Accounting Teams. This role is the initial line into the global Accounting Team. This Teammate should be a technical person that is able to aid in the Accounting Processes and technical accounting.
- This role will have responsibility to contribute to the building of global policies and processes, as well as the direct responsibility of at least 2 staff, as well as the indirect contact with over 75 teammates worldwide.
- This position will have some autonomy as there is a need to have a teammate that drives him or herself and builds without constant reinforcement. The contact between this role and the regional accounting teams is key to create accurate and timely financial information.
- This position will provide a significant amount of guidance to the regional accounting teams. It is the leading contact for the Teams Internationally.
- This position will lead and participate in the policy and procedure set up and development.
- This position will need a proficient/mastery knowledge of US GAAP, a proficient knowledge of Accounting processes. Master knowledge of regular interaction with teammates from different cultures and background, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years in Public Accounting and Industry
- CPA Preferred
- Accounting system experience, as well as Accounting process experience
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Extensive knowledge of working with financial statement auditors
- Team player with demonstrated ability to lead and influence others outside of their direct-reporting lines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas and actionable recommendations.
- Comfortable with language barriers or constraints; bilingual language skills are a plus
- Ability to multi task, as well as meet deadlines.
- Travel Requirements: Potentially 6-8 weeks per year
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.