Lead, Store Experience and Communications
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Lead of the North America Store Experience and Communications will influence the North America region by creating consistent and foundational guidelines and structure. They will provide clear communication to the field teams to support driving accountability. As a key stakeholder on the global retail team, they will collaborate throughout the retail organization to help leverage global tools and resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team responsible for executing store experience and communication tools and processes.
- Be able to anticipate and plan for the field's needs and find creative, quality, timely, relevant and simple solutions to satisfy them.
- Partner with key Tide Point teams, including the merchandising, visual, distribution and planning departments, to create programs and communications that will deliver on the business goals of the division.
- Creates strong partnerships with field leadership and HQ teams and acts as an advocate for stores.
- Be able to adopt, adapt or develop communication strategies, tools and vehicles that align with Internal Communications and UA store operations strategies.
- Manage budgets/expenses and financial planning related to the store experience and communications workstreams.
- Manage and become an expert on store experience and communication platforms/software as needed.
- Lead the rewards and recognition platform for North America by creating contests and incentives to drive business results.
- Support execution of omni channel initiatives by partnering with Global Store Operations to leverage and localize all tools, resources and processes.
- Partner closely with all Global Store Operations functions to align on and influence priorities and goals.
- Responsible for project planning and execution of both small and large-scale Under Armour field meetings, including all field and District meetings to support all business agenda and initiatives.
- Work in close partnership with events team to determine all on-site logistics including site selection, meeting space, food and beverage and transportation for all attendees.
- Guide Store Experience and Communication team in creating and filtering all communications and operations initiatives.
- Responsible for managing and developing the Store Experience and Communications team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for the UA brand; must embody the UA culture and believe in the company spirit. Be an aspirational leader that represents Under Armour at all times.
- Independent; self-starter; self-sufficient.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate down, across and up within the organization.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Creative thinker
- Ability to travel both globally and domestically as needed.
- Able to overcome adversity and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to listen and communicate with internal teams and outside vendors, consultants and contractors.
- Flexibility to shift focus and priorities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail customer or communications experience preferred.
- Corporate retail operations experience preferred.
- Retail store leadership experience preferred.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.