Lead, Technical AccountingApply Now
Lead, Technical Accounting
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
This position serves a critical accounting role and will interface with brand personnel at various levels of the Company, as well as the internal and external auditors. Primary responsibilities will include accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos and providing technical support to members of the Accounting and Finance team. This position will also assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, and review of the quarterly and annual financial reports, including preparation of Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and related Edgar filings and ensure filings comply with SEC and U.S. GAAP requirements;
- Prepare the quarterly and annual U.S. GAAP disclosure checklist;
- Understand new accounting literature, evaluate implications to the business, and work to apply the standards to the business including drafting technical memos;
- Draft and review accounting memos for significant accounting transactions and provide guidance to operational finance teams to ensure significant transactions are properly accounted for and disclosed in the financial statements;
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives;
- Establish, maintain, and enforce proper accounting policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP and work with Global accounting teams to ensure compliance; and
- Assist with external audit activities including technical accounting work performed
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES:
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and recommend and implement solutions
- Enjoys delivering on complex work in a dynamic global operating environment
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their shirt sleeves” to get the work done
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and prioritize work to achieve objectives; and
- Effective writing, presentation and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA with recent public accounting experience (6+ years) or similar role at a public company, including strong SEC reporting skills; XBRL tagging experience with Workiva (Web Filings) software strongly preferred
- No relocation provided
Want more details about benefits? Visit our page here!
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
“In my opinion, the culture at Under Armour is a great reason to work here. We're more than just coworkers, we're teammates.” Gregory Rucker — Product Designer, Ecommerce
“My favorite part about working at Under Armour are my teammates. Each person I’ve met and worked with has been so kind and willing to teach.” Kaleen Iwema — Sr Software Engineer, Connected Fitness
“Our diversity in personalities is what makes us unique. We all come from different cultures, backgrounds and worlds.” Raymon Confiado — Customer Care Specialist, Connected Fitness
“I enjoy being part of a brand that is focused on making you better and working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.” Andrea Morato — Engineering Manager
“Stand for Equality resonates with me because UA champions respect, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, something that wasn’t always popular in sport.” Jarred Gammon — Account Manager, Connected Fitness
“Something unique at UA that I haven’t had in previous companies is employees forming groups to raise awareness of important ideas in the form of Culture Clubs.” Richard Chow — Sr Product Manager, Ad Systems
“It’s clear that everyone wants to help lift you up and achieve your career goals, so if you have big goals UA will help you get there.” Haley Gallup — House Manager
“Hearing how our athletes get excited about our product or future product makes me excited to be a part of such a great brand.” Michael Diliberto — Field experience specialist
“I have always been passionate about technology, health, fitness and sports. By being on the UA Digital team, I get to bring all of my interests together.” Lindy Wong — Field experience specialist