Responsible for directing the activities of the Distribution House shipping dock through the Supervisors and Team Leaders, and overall responsibility for accurate and timely fulfillment of all sales orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inclusive, but not limited, to the following duties:
•Provides direct and administrative supervision to the entire inbound or outbound team.
•Coaches and develops exempt direct reports
•Creates and implements appropriate operating systems and audits to support the accuracy of sales order fulfillment.
•Creates and maintains required efficiency standards throughout all processes within distribution.
•Ensures that customer product is compliant according to compliance manuals.
•Ensures accurate labeling/ticketing of outbound product.
•Performs random checks of customer orders to ensure the accuracy of quality and quantity in an order.
•Accomplishes all responsibilities by effective planning and execution from all teammates within departments ensuring the utmost possible quality, safety, cost and delivery.
•Supports and drives a safe and clean safe work environment.
•Identifies internal processes and procedures within the department to utilize Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques to reach the strategic objectives of the operation as well as to accommodate and create increased demand/capacity.
•Continuously learn, coach and deploy teammates on Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques.
•Develops efficient space planning for the storage areas.
•Ensures the overall goals are achieved, as well as the individual goals of the department.
•Interacts daily with team to support and strengthen team engagement.
•Communicate policy changes and new programs to the department.
•Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge in the operation that will allow flexibility in assisting cross-functionally throughout the DH.
- General knowledge of conveyor operation
- Experience in the apparel industry strongly preferred.
- Highly skilled with database/spreadsheet programs, and specifically MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MRP software package is required. (WMI, SAP, FMS)
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing daily work assignments; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 6 years of related experience in a distribution or warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership in talent development and people management.
- At least 3 years of experience in supervising others. In a fast paced, high volume warehouse environment.
- Dynamic and energetic communicator. Ability to communicate in an honest and straightforward manner.
- Approachable demeanor. Maintains positive relationships even under difficult circumstances.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems; warehouse control systems, Excel, running reports and interpreting and communicating data/metrics.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; ability to follow detailed instructions both written and verbally; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures; ability to apply concepts of basic math. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequent or continuous standing, lifting, walking and bending.
- Regularly handles objects, tools, and/or controls; reaches with arms; uses cutting device to open or break down cartons.
- May frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds overhead.
- Vision abilities depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed indoors and may rarely be performed outdoors, including during both hot and cold weather. Work performed will be near or involving moving mechanical equipment. Work may be performed at heights of up to 50 feet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions