Merchant / Buyer, Footwear
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Merchant will be given a rare opportunity to be part of one of the most focal retail divisions at Under Armour. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. This is a key role in the Retail Merchant Team and is accountable for continual success of an owned product category. You will be responsible for developing product assortments that drive profitability while partnering with key teammates across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and communicate seasonal product strategies that align with financial goals.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with Product Line Managers & Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal assortment meets Factory House customer and business needs.
- Partner and lead a team of cross functional procedure experts assigned to the same category that include a Planning partner, Allocation Analyst, and Visual Merchandising partner.
- Measure and communicate financial results and action plans to manager, leadership and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
- Develop product and financial strategies in collaboration with planning partner to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk in-season. Communicate action plans through Monthly OTB process.
- Recap seasonal hindsight learnings and strategically identify opportunities for future seasons.
- Create a merchandising flow calendar that identifies key items, trends, and product launches appropriate to the product category.
- Define product placement strategies and seasonal marketing stories.
- Foster positive relationships with the stores and solicit their feedback on product opportunities and consumer reactions.
- Manage changes to the assortment and communicate to necessary partners
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical skills & Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leadership experience and the ability to thrive in team-based settings
- Ability to clearly communicate product strategies to cross-functional peers and leadership
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for merchandising and Under Armour
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience.
- 3-5 years of merchandising or buying experience
- Prior footwear experience a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.