PLM, Men's Athlete Essentials/Sideline - Team Sports
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The PLM of Men’s Team Athlete Essentials/Sideline is responsible for building product for the Team Athlete. They are tasked with building the most durable, best performing, most innovative, and best-looking product to help the Team Sport Athlete train at their best, compete at their best, or recover to be their best. Whether it’s made for a top tier partner such as student athletes at Notre Dame or UCLA, Global Partners such as Sydney FC, or athletes at a local club or high school, the mission and expectation is the same. This person will connect with the athlete, help execute and implement the strategy, and build the product to help make the Team Athlete better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build the product line and help carry the process from concept to commercialization. Help build the brief and communicate the vision to cross functional partners. Work with design, development and sourcing through the fit and development process to deliver great product that hits margin targets and hits the numbers.
- Data and systems management. Oversee, manage, and ensure all systems + data are up to date and input on time.
- Develop business acumen. Work with planners, merchandisers, sales, and SPLM to develop strong understanding of the numbers. PLM should be able to analyze and articulate information around bookings, sales, and trends to inform future line plan decisions.
- Travel to support Sales and Sports Marketing. Connect with accounts and university partners to ensure the needs of the customer and the athlete are met due to lack of support from a regional merchandise function in this business.
- Connect with the Athlete. Travel locally and regionally to work with, observe, and gain crucial athlete insights informing and influencing product lines for both the promo Tier 1 Collegiate partners as well as the profit side of the business servicing Mid Majors, High Schools and Club sport athletes
- Be knowledgeable on the market and the competition.
- Strong presentation, time management, collaboration and influencing skills. Team Player Attitude
- Required experience managing Full Product Life Cycle
- Strong Presentation and Collaboration skills
- Experience mining consumer insights & translating into product solutions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of product line management – extensive product knowledge or product building background, passionate about Sport and/or the industry
- Travel – 10%, domestically working with athletes and schools
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.