Senior Manager, Global Store Operations
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Senior Manager; Global Retail Operations, will influence all global regions through consistent foundational operational guidelines and structure. They will be lead the creation and implementation of store operations standards throughout the globe by taking partnerships, providing clear communication, and driving accountability. They will instill an operational component to all cross-functional partners to optimize all store facing initiatives. As a key stakeholder on the global retail team, they will collaborate throughout the retail organization to help scale tools and resources to operational partners throughout the globe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team responsible for influencing daily store operations, store processes, inventory control/RFID, and store projects globally.
- Develop and deliver concise and actionable operational standards to retail partners in other regions
- Align operational standards and resources across regions.
- Manage priorities of execution based on timeline targets and vision and be able to adjust and refocus within project timeline.
- Analyze and support daily retail operational functions in the different regions; New store openings, store supplies, inventory control, and store processes.
- Consolidate business requirements across all regions when introducing new retail tools/resources.
- Manage budgets/expenses and financial planning for global operations team.
- Manage and become an expert on operational platforms/software as needed.
- Manage relationships with current vendors, and initiate contracts with new companies as needed.
- Ability to step in and work cross-functionally with all ongoing operations projects.
- Partner closely with all NA Operations functions to align on and influence priorities and goals.
- Create standard operating procedures for all areas of retail operations with the ability to apply them to a global platform.
- Effectively meet goals and milestones while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Support Flagship openings through operational design through execution of opening.
- Understand cultural, legal, and language differences between countries and how they impact operational standards in stores.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consistently works toward producing results at the functional team level
- Accuntable for producing to functional area timelines.
- Respnsible for their own execution.
- Sets stretch persnal goals and achieves them
- Takes directin and makes a project their own.
- Win Together - Collaboration
- Demnstrates reliability, working openly with cross-functional Teammates
- Takes the lead, whether in an individual cntributor or manager role.
- Builds wrking relationships with others, seeking out and encouraging the exchange of constructive feedback.
- Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Embraces the Cmpany values in their everyday interactions and inspires the values in their peers.
- Cmmits time and energy to the success of the Company.
- A god team player, willing to work with others.
- Think Globally
- Seeks and applies understanding f cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally.
- Adapts behavir to the local culture to demonstrate respect and gain trust.
- Has Manager/Director’s as well as their team’s trust
- Cmmunicates to leadership in a way that articulates goals and informs accordingly.
- Cntributes to the functions goals through individual and/or team effort.
- Understands hw his/her role fits into the functional team’s goals.
- Find a Better Way
- Seeks t improve upon the status quo by proactively creating new, unique solutions to make UA better.
- Asks challenging, pen-ended questions to inspire innovative thinking in other teammates.
- Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform
- Seeks t not only perform the task but understand the purpose of the task.
- Demnstrated effort to understand processes outside their immediate area.
- Perfrms task well with an attention to detail.
- Understands and appreciates the value their task adds t goal achievement.
- Problem solving
- Ability t overcome adversity and do so by collaboratively overcoming the challenge.
- Display resiliency in a retail climate that is adaptive.
- Curageous approach to taking challenges head on to motivate those around them towards success.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in psitive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Can build presentatins, convey message to Leadership, and execute on the content.
- Map the Future
- Applies understanding f internal and external challenges to contribute to the team’s vision for the future.
- Asks questins to confirm how team priorities support the organization’s overall vision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for the UA brand; must embody the UA culture and believe in the company spirit. Be an aspirational leader that represents Under Armour at all times.
- Independent; self-starter; self-sufficient.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate down, across and up within the organization.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Able to overcome adversity and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to listen and communicate with internal teams and outside vendors, consultants and contractors.
- Flexibility to shift focus and priorities.
- Experience in the below retail operations areas:
- Stockroom organization
- Employee experiences
- Store scheduling foundations
- Mobile solutions
- Loss Prevention
- Store policies/procedures
- Vendor Management
- Store fixture packages
- Store Openings
- Inventory Control
- Store supplies
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years of corporate retail operations experience
- Retail store experience preferred
- International retail experience preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.