Sr. Director, Category Marketing - Train
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Senior Director of Category Marketing, Train
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will.
Our goal is to Build A Great Team!
Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour is looking for a Sr. Director, Category Marketing - train to lead our top revenue generating category across Men’s, Women’s, and Youth.
- Own Category Voice & Positioning – Lead a cross-functional team with members from Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Brand, Sales and other functional areas to create a clear positioning strategy, consumer focus and 3-year strategic plan for the category.
- Category Strategic Marketing Direction - Own global brand management for category and develop category direction and strategy in partnership with a cross-functional team. Cross functional team to include PR, media, digital/social media, sports marketing, retail marketing, events, creative, .com and retail direct stores.
- Drive Go To Market Strategies – Develop and own all Marketing focused product and brand stories. Design rolling 18-month marketing plan tied to business plan. Align internal parties across product, sales, sports marketing and other cross-functional partners. Set and manage budgets for all touch-points.
- Partner with Product Teams - Be an active, integrated part of the product team to ensure delivery of their business needs from a Brand Marketing standpoint. Have deep understanding of business objectives as well as key products and their USPs. Serve as the liaison between Product and Marketing assuring all Marketing touch points have the information they need to execute effectively.
- Consumer and Business Analytics – Collaborate with internal and external partners to define the target consumer and develop metrics to evaluate our effectiveness in reaching that consumer. Use consumer research and business analysis to understand the competition, channel dynamics, consumer segmentation & positioning, product segmentation and sales performance.
- Creative Management - Write creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, manage brand budgets, protect & develop brand voice across all consumer touch-points.
- Activation - Create architecture of "when & where the story is told" - selection & "flighting" of global campaign elements, developing points of view on both traditional (TV, radio, out-of-home, print) and new media (digital, social media, PR/entertainment, co-op). Partner with sports marketing on events and grassroots marketing on asset activation strategies.
- E-Commerce, Retail & Wholesale support - Partner with UA.com (and global sites) and in-store marketing to win in-store and online at both UA retail and wholesale doors on a global basis.
- Partner with Regional Team - Assist regional team in sales meeting and regional presentations and major account presentations/sell-ins.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Creates a work environment that allows Teammates to grow and assume more responsibility and decision-making authority. Takes ownership of departmental results, while fostering a culture of accountability among teams. Implements the organization's strategy in the business unit.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Takes risks and envisions the future, collaborating with others to generate strategies and bring new visions to life. Targets areas of opportunity for innovation that contribute to UA Brand evolution. Encourages others to experiment, take risks, and learn from mistakes.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acts in the best interest of others and UA. Leads cross-functional teams and projects that benefit UA. Leads by example in modeling an environment of trusting, cross-functional relationships and encouraging constructive feedback.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences when conducting business and interacting with others globally. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of global trends and the interconnectedness of different markets, adapting products and services to impact business unit's goals globally. Demonstrates an interest and willingness to consider professional opportunities outside one's own geographic area.
- MAPTHE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Communicates business unit vision in alignment with UA's strategic direction to gain support and motivate Teammates to build a sense of shared purpose. Applies knowledge of the business model to develop new strategies for the business unit, challenging assumptions and conventional thinking.
- BULID A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Maps out developmental roles and assignments for self and others to balance individual and cross-functional business unit needs. Provides one-on-one coaching to enable Teammates to hit performance goals and maximize their potential. Empowers Teammates to work together and with other teams to make decisions, providing mentorship and support when needed. Makes selection and development decisions with the organization's overall talent management strategy in mind.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- BA required, MBA is helpful but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company and previous leadership experience
- Established relationships at all levels, inclusive of the executive level, in the global marketing industry.
- Prior experience working for a global company with a strong, premium brand and a distinct culture.
- Experience working for either a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills in managing a strong, experienced and diverse team.
- Experience conducting business and partnering with executives and staff in multiple regions globally, a plus.
- Proven global citizen through travel and diversity of experiences.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.