Sr. Director, Global Strategic Procurement
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour is looking for a Senior Director of Strategic Procurement to develop and lead Under Armour’s global indirect strategic procurement function. This critical position is responsible for the leadership, optimization, strategy and execution of Strategic Procurement for indirect (non-product) company purchases and expenditures, along with oversight of our global T&E function. This position will integrate closely with the businesses and functions to foster a culture of executing on customer satisfaction, cost, quality and efficiency improvements, and assure supplier performance.
This position will provide a great deal of:
Exposure – Work closely with business partners across the organization (both internally and externally).
Responsibility – Refine and drive the vision for the procurement function
Development – Ability to work with top executives and business leaders across UA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand Under Armour’s business and growth strategies
- Provide long and short term strategic purchasing plans consistent with and supportive of company goals and objectives
- Develop and communicate the vision of the procurement function
- Alignment of Procurement vision with company business and growth strategies
- Lead a team that partners closely with the businesses and functions to identify opportunities and execute
- Identify leading practices from inside and outside of UA for implementation/adoption
- Determine roadmap/priority/competencies of teams (internal/external)
- Further develop a strong integrated Procurement team
- Lead an analytical strategic function that drives process improvements, and cost efficiencies
- Facilitate the collective team’s ability to manage projects to specification and cost parameters on a timely basis
- External procurement resource management
- Develop key relationships
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal customers, i.e. Marketing, Production,
- Operations, IT, etc.
- Support the CFO and the Executive team in the gathering and analysis of data based on category requirements
- Build linkages and understanding between Strategic Procurement and other company business disciplines
- Proactively support active business unit leaders by serving as a resource to help identify opportunities and drive results
- Develop appropriate supply strategies and negotiation approaches with input from Business Unit leaders
- Facilitate change management with cross-functional teams and key contacts throughout the organization
- Optimize and maintain scalable/sustainable processes to drive effective procurement across the organization
- Alignment with vision of company business and growth strategies along with significant areas of spend
- Further standardize purchasing processes
- Provide direction and support to the strategic procurement process to ensure the proper due diligence and integration activities are complete prior to long-term master contracts
- Lead implementation of complex sourcing strategies
- Drive a standardized global retail supply team
- Partner with the Global Retail team to optimize the retail supply platform (fixtures, mannequins, hardware, etc.)
- Ensure each platform meets the needs of the particular store, account, region while meeting or exceeding the overall cost objectives of the program
- Develop and track inventory of the retail supply platforms to prevent excess and obsolete inventory
- Vendor/contract negotiations
- Manage portfolio of commercial contracts and vendor relationships
- Drive total cost of ownership reduction, through joint process improvements with suppliers
- Develop RFP’s and negotiate new contracts
- Perform periodic vendor audits to insure supplier quality, on-time delivery and continuous supplier base improvement
- Ensure UA is getting the most competitive pricing for its external purchases
- Negotiate supply contracts and select and develop relationships with key suppliers
- Track key metrics and measure to gauge the success of the procurement function
- Create communication forums and ensure internal tracking tools are used by all budget centers
- Assimilate, report and speak regularly to costs and savings
- Strong contributor to the budgeting process initially and throughout the year by comparing actual to budget and providing projections and run rates to management
- Responsible for providing the necessary management, tracking and reporting on supplier quality programs
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES:
- In depth knowledge and experience of strategic procurement processes
- Demonstrated success in formulating strategic sourcing strategies, developing and maintaining effective relationships with key suppliers, and establishing effective processes and methods of ensuring satisfactory supplier performance
- Experience in identifying business opportunities that maximize profitability
- Demonstrated success in leveraging global spends across the enterprise
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Highly self-motivated to develop strategic, tactical and operational direction
- Ability to provide responsive support to business units and accomplish corporate cost reductions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate change management with colleagues and key contacts throughout the company
- Highly knowledgeable in the following sourcing areas:
- Distribution and Logistics
- Contract labor
- Professional services
- Market research
- Office supplies
- Outsourcing shared services
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- MA/MS/MBA degree; financial and/or technical background preferred
- 12+ years background experience with large, process-driven companies
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.