Sr. Lead, eCommerce Program Management
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As Senior Lead, Global eCommerce Program Management, you will help drive Under Armour’s direct to consumer strategy by defining and implementing a multi-year, global ecommerce platform roadmap. This transformational journey includes migrating current region-specific solutions to a single platform that integrates global backend and frontend platform technologies to create a consistent digital experience that exceeds expectations for Under Armour athletes everywhere. This role will be accountable for all aspects of delivery including: definition of the multi-year roadmap, delivery of specific projects, budget management, driving consistent communication, and change management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Definition: Translate strategic vision to executable plan
- Project Execution and Delivery:
- Partner with project manager to develop project plan and ensure delivery according to deadlines
- Develop budget and ensure adherence to plan.
- Drive collaboration and alignment across UA and vendor teams that are comprised of a diverse array of talents, responsibilities, and backgrounds
- Provide oversight to ensure team uses standard out of the box features vs. developing customizations unless absolutely required and agreed upon by leadership teams
- Ensure involvement from other Global IT roles such as Enterprise Architecture to drive adherence to standards and target architecture
- Own resolution of escalated issues including: budget concerns, escalated solution issues, schedule concerns, change management, personnel issues, or any other issues during phases of the project
- Drive escalation to steering committee for issues with major scope, timeline, or budget implications. Present options and recommendation to aid steering committee in making final decision.
- Own relationship with primary systems integrator and ensure partner performs at acceptable level
- Continuously analyze program/project risks and proactively drive corrective action to address issues
- Cross-functional Communication:
- Ensure development of communication plan to ensure organization is aware of key milestones, risks, and changes resulting from project implementation
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders throughout the UA and Partner organizations to help drive adoption, reduce escalations, and increase speed of decision making
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Lead Steering committee meetings to present current status and drive decision making for escalated issues
- Ensure change management is plan is developed and executed
- Demonstrated ability to understand business and technical aspects of a challenging problem, and act as the “translator” between multiple functional and technical teams to drive resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication with experience of engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to executive stakeholders in order to drive alignment and decision making in steering committee settings
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to create great relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Must have an enthusiastic, positive approach with a determination to overcome obstacles
- Must have strong negotiating skills, including the ability to understand all perspectives of a problem to help influencing stakeholders towards an appropriate resolution
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Must have the ability to understand topics outside current expertise, and think creatively to solve problems
- Skilled at developing and presetting metrics and data to drive decisions
- At least 5 years' experience working in a project-based role, delivering initiatives across multiple departments, preferably in a global model
- Experience communicating openly and collaboratively across cultures and time zones with the flexibility to participate in early morning or evening calls when required
- Experience establishing relevant and comprehensive metrics to demonstrate the overall health of the project as well as business operations performance as a result of the project's solution delivery
- Experience facilitating and guiding executive level decisions
- Relationship management experience within an enterprise globally, among executives, customers and staff; as well as externally with vendors and business partners as required.
- Experience leading large cross-function teams and driving consensus among colleagues; ability to lead, motivate, influence, and drive to results in a highly-matrixed environment is essential.
- Experience managing vendor partner relationships, such as software vendors or project consulting vendors
- Experience with project planning, forecasting, financial tracking, blueprinting, gap analysis, realization, solution deployment, and service transition
- Experience implementing an enterprise-level platform software package into an integrated, global environment. Experience with an eCommerce platform, or a project with integration with an eCommerce platform is preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System Management, Computer Science, or a relevant business area is preferred, but relevant professional experience will be considered.
- Masters in Business Administration or Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years relevant experience in IT with project delivery, program and/or project management
- 5+ years working in a apparel, footwear or fashion brand or another consumer product industry is strongly preferred
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.