Sr. Lead, Sports Marketing - Team Sports Partnerships
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Senior Lead - Team Sports Partnership position is a critical position in our NA Sports Marketing organization. Primary focus is to manage our Team and League relationships in North America. This role will be responsible for the day to day management of the NFL, MLB league partnerships as well as specific team relationships with the Ravens and Orioles. This teammate will also serve as the conduit to our activation agency GSE to ensure consistency across our college and professional properties. Communication, scheduling and leading activation will be key components of this role.
- Daily, weekly communication with teams, leagues and agencies to ensure execution and measurement of plans in market.
- Identify key opportunities with our existing partnerships and lead key projects.
- Work cross functionally with Brand Marketing, Athlete Marketing, Grassroots, GSE and North America to activate these relationships.
- Manage our contracts, financial terms and details of each individual relationship.
- Develop new business partnerships + opportunities in our industry specific to Team Sports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in sponsorship communications
- 5 or more years of experience in working with teams of cross functional personnel in Brand + Sport Marketing
- 5 or more years of experience in managing sport properties
- 5 or more years of experience in assisting in executing budgets
- 5 or more years of experience working with NFL, NBA, MLB and NCAA.
- 5 or more years in sports field or related area of related marketing
- Knowledge of the NCAA and pro team sports space and adjacent levels of the sport
- Relationships within the pro sports space beneficial to the brand
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the sport and marketing space
- Ability to understand needs and key stakeholders in the space
- Solid understanding of social media trends, analytics and digital media landscape
- Understands brand functions, goals and objectives
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extensive travel including weekends
- Nights and weekend availability required games and events to travel the mark
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.