Sr. PLM, Apparel - MFO
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
This role is a key Product Leadership role with in the Made for Outlet Team. The Sr. Product Line Manager is the critical leader, voice of the consumer & marketplace, negotiator, creative problem solver, planner and critical driver of the MFO product execution strategy. Passion, commitment, creativity, curiosity, collaboration and integrity are key traits to success in this role. You are a critical player in the Product Creation process as well as the Go-To-Market process and your impact on the business will be immediately measurable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage the MFO apparel business from concept to commercialization
- Drive the Product Creation process with Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Sourcing and Planning
- Lead regular collaboration sessions with Regional teams to better understand the athlete as well as identify trends and market opportunities
- Regularly conduct industry and competitive analysis to be the expert on the latest innovations, materials, price points, fabrication methods and color
- Drive SKU productivity and profitability
- Partner with Category Merchant on creation of design brief, with final accountability for the brief
- High profile and impactful communication is key internally as well as externally throughout the Product Creation and Go to Market process.
- Collaborate, communicate, inspire, manage, mentor and foster a high performing team.
- Strong presentation, time management, collaboration, communication and influencing skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Change Management: Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of product line management experience
- Ability to multi-task across categories and functions
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience developing, pricing strategies, assortment mix that supports Brand position by channel, sales tools and executing final product mix
- Product marketing and Consumer insight experience
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.