Sr. PLM, Global Licensed Fan Gear - Team Sports
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. PLM for Licensed Fan Gear will be accountable for ownership of overall businesses and contractual obligations associated with UA's key US based licensees Gear For Sports and The Game. This person will be responsible for product lines associated with our Collegiate partnerships (inclusive of some Athlete Services), maximizing revenue opportunities in local market bookstores and retail as well as product lines for the Resort, Military, NBA, MiLB, and Team Headwear businesses. In addition to the US based roles and responsibilities, this person will help create and drive the Fan Gear strategy and product assortments with our Global Regions and local Sports Marketing partnerships helping optimize the spend and maximize revenue opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive revenue/royalties by facilitating product creation (internally with Team design + externally with GFS design) in addition to implementing comprehensive GTM, marketing and merchandising strategies for core Fan Gear business; work with UA inline product/merch partners to leverage and amplify key brand stories through the Fan Channel.
- Work with UA Design/Brand/Sports Marketing partners, University Athletics and Licensing partners to create, drive, and maximize brand and product opportunities during key brand moments (Athlete Services, Special Games Sideline assortments, March Madness strategy, College Football Playoff/Bowl games, etc.)
- Own and drive merchandising and product strategy in UA DTC channel
- Own product and graphic assortments to drive revenue for Resort, Military, MiLB, and NBA businesses
- Create, drive, and help shape International Fan Gear strategy with key partners in Global Regions (e.g. Australia, UK, Mexico)
- Own product assortments and facilitate channel strategy with UA Team and Institutional headwear business
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Change Management: Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Extensive product knowledge or product building background, passionate about Sport and/or industry
- Product marketing and Consumer insight experience
- Travel – Domestic traveling working with and visiting our Licensees as well as Athletic/Equipment Staff/Licensing partners on Collegiate Campuses; 20% of the time
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.