Sr. Software Engineer (SFCC)
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Sr Software Engineer will architect and implement new features to improve consumer experience and grow DTC revenue on Under Armour’s global Salesforce ecommerce platform. Prior experience developing new features in a Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) environment is critical to this candidate being successful. The candidate will need to use their industry experience and Salesforce platform knowledge to use base system capabilities to implement new features in an creative, efficient and scalable way in the platform while still hitting the desired consumer experience. This role will be responsible for leading technical teams of internal and external developers to ensure quality is delivered within the deadlines allowed by project timelines. This role will also provide input to project managers to provide guidance into project plans, timelines and development documentation for all assigned projects. They will also provide escalated production support if initial levels of the support team are unable to resolve issues that arise with the platform. This role is also expected to stay current on upcoming capabilities of the SalesForce Commerce Cloud platform in order to help guide the roadmap of the global Under Armour implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC formerly Demandware) in conjunction with the internal UA teams and development partners to develop and implement new features
• Directly impact the user experience by developing new features using best practices in platform development
• Act as a development team lead for outside development partners to complete new feature development
• Engage with Product Management and business partners as it relates to system capability, design and solutioning options.
• Implement, enhance and support of Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) centric e-commerce projects
• Translate business/technical requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platforms
• Collaborate with other team members in an agile development process, spanning front end, back end, QA, and product management
• Work with development team to ensure technical requirements and design is understood, best practices are followed for functionality, performance and security
• Collaborate with project management for effort estimates, planning, and in removing technical roadblocks.
• Research platform capabilities identify opportunities as it relates to eCommerce roadmap.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITES)
• Solid knowledge of IT Methodologies and Software Development Lifecycle for information systems development, testing principles, project methodologies and practices.
• Agile development methodology a must
• Highly motivated and self-starter approach to job.
• Able to work independently as part of a globally distributed team, proactively requesting assistance, advice and input from colleagues and customers both internal and external as needed.
• Strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills; able to understand and balance perspectives and find common ground between parties across divides.
• Adaptable and change-resilient, working well in a dynamic fast-paced global environment, accepting new ideas and initiatives and making positive use of opportunities presented.
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to adapt interpersonal style to suit different people and situations, showing respect and sensitivity towards individual and cultural differences.
• Customer focused attitude, setting high standards for work quality and quantity as measured by value delivered (and promised) to customers.
• Interested in working in or at retail and wholesale eCommerce
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, ability to translate technical jargon into plain English for business users.
• Other languages spoken is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• 5-8 years (equivalent combination of experience and education accepted).
• Bachelor's Degree in Technology or IT ideal; marketing, business, or art fields with equivalent considered.
• One or more current Commerce Cloud certifications (DEV101 & DEV201 - Developing on Commerce Cloud, or DEV301 - Commerce Cloud Architecture) is preferred.
• 5-8+ years of hands on experience in a web development environment is required
• 3+ years in a similar role working with SFCC (formerly Demandware) is strongly preferred
• Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more is strongly preferred
• Proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party systems integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems.
• Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
• Onsite at our Baltimore, MD Headquarters is preferred, but remote work may be considered
• Possible travel to regional offices, conferences, and or training.
BENEFITS AND PERKS (General Corporate Perks):
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise & Connected Fitness app Discounts.
- Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.
Want more details about benefits? Visit our page here!
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.