SVP, Global Information Technology
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position sits on the Office of the COO (OCOO) senior leadership team and is responsible for technology strategy and leadership across Under Armour (UA). This role is responsible for developing and driving information technology strategies across the organization critical for cost-effective operations and long-term strategic success. The CTO leads UA’s technology team to maximize efficiency via the use of technology-based systems and processes to ensure technology solutions deliver efficient, secure and effective experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement the technology vision, strategy and roadmap to drive UA’s strategic initiatives. Establishes short- and long-term strategies for the organization's information technology systems, including computers and peripherals, hardware, software, applications and networks.
- Establish overall governance to define and enforce technical architecture
- Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas
- Acts as a trusted advisor, building and maintaining relationships with other leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Responsible for leadership of the technology team, assigning clear tasks and objectives, and establishing KPI measurables for monitoring results versus objectives. Responsible for the development and engagement of team members by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes and rewards strong performance.
- Holds the overall responsibility for the talent strategy and people development for the technology organization. Provides leadership and coaching to team to drive innovation and to identify opportunities in building the business
- Develops and controls annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT. Works closely with contracted IT and telecommunications service providers to manage the technology infrastructure in the most effective and efficient manner.
Education, Critical skills and Abilities:
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 20 or more years of experience driving technologically enabled growth, both consumer facing and internal operational excellence.
- Strong analytical skills and track record of developing IT strategies and models for DTC business growth.
- Ability to think strategically about technology and how to incorporate it into the business units and processes to increase efficiencies. Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Ability to drive organizational change and lead IT transformational initiatives in a complex and dynamic environment, utilizing project management techniques.
- Robust experience in Omni/E-commerce strongly preferred
- Highly effective leadership profile to develop and coach high performance teams with organizational clarity, accountability, and engagement consistent with UA culture and values.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid “UA Give Back” Volunteer Days: work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour merchandise & Connected Fitness app discounts – including MyFitnessPal & MapMyFitness!
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates.
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promotephysical activity and overall well-being.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.