Manager, Operations- Weekend Shift
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Manager, Distribution Operations will have the opportunity to be part of the development of Under Armour’s newest distribution house. This position will be responsible for the function of inbound or outbound operations. Including, but not limited to, the completion of all receiving, put-away, planning and scheduling, shipping, returns, inventory, processing and the efficiency of the teammates and the development of the floor and team leaders present in the inbound or outbound area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct and administrative supervision to the entire inbound or outbound team.
- Creates and implements appropriate operating systems and audits to support the accuracy of sales order fulfillment.
- Creates and maintains required efficiency standards throughout all processes within distribution.
- Ensures that customer product is compliant according to compliance manuals.
- Ensures accurate labeling/ticketing of outbound product.
- Performs random checks of customer orders to ensure the accuracy of quality and quantity in an order.
- Accomplishes all responsibilities by effective planning and execution from all teammates within departments ensuring the utmost possible quality, safety, cost and delivery.
- Supports and drives a safe and clean safe work environment.
- Identifies internal processes within the department to utilize Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques to reach the strategic objectives of the operation as well as to accommodate and create increased demand/capacity.
- Continuously learn, coach and deploy teammates on Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques.
- Develops efficient space planning for the storage areas.
- Ensures the overall goals are achieved, as well as the individual goals of the department.
- Interacts daily with team to support and strengthen team engagement.
- Communicate policy changes and new programs to the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing daily work assignments; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication – Dynamic and energetic communicator. Ability to communicate in an honest and straightforward manner.
- Builds Relationships - Approachable demeanor. Maintains positive relationships even under difficult circumstances. Has an infectious enthusiasm for the Brand that influences others.
- Personal Accountability – Accepts responsibility for own actions; doesn’t make excuses when things go wrong. Takes ownership for delivering results.
- Solves Problems – Seeks out and considers appropriate information, ideas and experience to make decisions and solve problems.
- Helps Develop Others – Takes every opportunity to empower others to be their best. Conveys trust in people’s ability to do their job.
- Values Diversity – Welcomes, respects and works well with people with diverse skills, styles, perspectives and backgrounds.
- People Management – Empowers and motivates their teammates through aggressive goals, passionate motivation, an approachable style and walking the talk themselves. Values others’ views.
- Drives Results – Works at full capacity to achieve goals. Follows through to ensure successful completion. Consistently seeks to be best in class and maintain a cutting edge.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in related field; or four to six years related experience in a distribution or warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervising others.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in the apparel industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel as may be required.
- Skilled with database/spreadsheet programs, and specifically MS Office programs (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Experience Manhattan WMi strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb and stoop.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.