Maintenance Mechanic- PM shift (Tue-Fri 9pm- 7:30am)
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
As a Distribution House Maintenance Mechanic you will be performing routine preventative and troubleshooting maintenance to conveyor systems and related material handling equipment. Under the direction of the Maintenance Lead/and or Supervisor, the mechanic will strive to fulfill the Maintenance Department objectives and goals by completing daily tasks which ensure equipment reliability and longevity. This involves contributing to a safety culture and demonstrating Under Armour’s Core Competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and reports any unsafe working conditions or equipment.
- Be proficient in the repair and maintenance of all types of conveyor including, motors, reducers, sorters, sensors and all other components used in the assigned area.
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical controls (motor circuits, process or packaging machinery, and programmable controllers) using drawings, documentation, and required tools.
- Determines parts requirements and availability. Retrieves parts, maintains parts/stock area and submits requests to reorder. Determines reasonable substitutions for parts that are unavailable.
- Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine preventative maintenance (M) requirements. Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities
- Ensure and repair that all safety systems are functioning properly on all machines
None; this position has no direct reports.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE/CRITICAL SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; 6 months warehouse experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems; warehouse control systems, Excel, running reports and interpreting and communicating data/metrics.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; ability to follow detailed instructions both written and verbally; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures; ability to apply concepts of basic math. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5 years industrial plant maintenance technician experience, comparable to level 1 or 2, preferred
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- Excellent proven safety record
- Ability to interpret schematics, mechanical blueprints, and PLC ladder logic
- Able to operate and trained on all aerial equipment, such as boom lift, scissor lift and forklift.
- PC experience; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Working knowledge of Maintenance Connection is a plus.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Control Systems (WCS
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, and stoop.
- The ability to frequently lift items weighing an average of 25 to 50 pounds with a maximum of 100 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an environmentally controlled facility. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.