Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Under Armour Connected Fitness, the world’s largest fitness ecosystem, is looking for a Director of Engineering to lead the Engineering organization in San Francisco. A successful candidate will have a proven background of developing and growing other leaders, technical experience building consumer applications, and a passion for leadership.
As the Director of Engineering for the Engineering team, you will:
- Own the development, delivery, and operational support of the MyFitnessPal Android, iOS, and Web applications and APIs.
- Work closely with Product Management and Design on aligning against business goals, as well as developing a strategic roadmap for the organization.
- Hire and develop software engineers and software engineering leaders and managers.
- Communicate with peers, senior leadership, and direct reports on progress against goals.
- Work with your engineering leads, QA and Program Management to develop a strategy around process improvement.
- Mentor other leaders and managers
- Drive continuous improvement in: engineering efficiency, operational excellence, scaling, and computing cost management.
- 12+ years of software development experience, 4+ or more spent in leadership/management.
- 2+ years managing other software managers and/or team leads.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Objective-C, Swift, C++, Ruby, or Python
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent related education/experience.
- Backend software development of large-scale, distributed systems, using micro-services.
- Mobile software development (preferred: consumer applications)
- Direct experience with at least 1 relational and non-relational database
- Experience running software services on Amazon Web Services.
- Interest in nutrition and/or food sciences
- Experience with machine learning and big data
- An awareness of privacy and security by design principles
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.